Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
hp/tq/ and 1/4 with a 76mm/78mm turbo
Collapse
X
-
It's cool. I'll figure something out. $400 for a tunnel mount is not in the budget at the moment if I wanna drive my car this year. I see jegs sells a cheap alternative . Idk I'll get something. Thx
-
Mike, someone has to make a cross member that works with your torque arm. Check with MWC, BMR, and others. Sorry the one I sold you is for a short torque arm.
The cross member will be cheaper than a torque arm setup.
Leave a comment:
-
I have a big torpedo heater but it has to be real close just to stay warm but the noise drives me insane lol
Leave a comment:
-
Glad to hear. About time an update
Get a few heaters in there and get to work!!!
Leave a comment:
-
Wow its been a long time since ive posted on my build. Its still going lol. Having zero insulation in a completely metal building and this winter we've had, i dont spend much time out there. i have rebuilt the 4l80e and even had it dyno'd at work. Picked up a 3400 stall that came out of another similar turbo car. Couple weekends and the harness will be repinned then i can use the 99 pcm i picked up from jonny. I still have to modify and install my dual walbros and still need a wastegate, and today i figured out that im going to need a tunnel mount torque arm. Damn it i thought the expensive stuff was done. Should be able to start doing final installation within the next couple weeks as long as we can break the freezing temperatures.
Leave a comment:
-


Pole barn finally finished excluding electricity. Will get to that next. Firebird finally given some room. Hoping to get working on it again soon. Only need a 4L80e stall and injectors. Oh and some time to do work. Currently doing 60 hr weeks. Anyone need a job, Weller truck is hiring
Leave a comment:
-
Thanks but I think I have a tial wg lined up, just gotta fork over the money lol. Just not wanting to spend any until the building is done
Leave a comment:
-
I've got an XS Power 44mm gate I'd sell you if you're interested. Has about 200 miles on it.
Leave a comment:
-
Quick update. Bought jonnys 99 ecm, got my dual fuel pumps and racetronix kit, dave gave me a hobbs switch that I still havent picked up. Bought jeremys 80e and am waiting to rebuild it and order a stall. Nothing but the 5.3 and intercooler are installed. Bought a new house and have had project after project that takes priority over the firebird. Actually right now though im in the process of building a 30x40x10 polebarn just for the firebird. So a lot of funds and time are here. I still plan on finishing and enjoying it this season but not yet. Pouring concrete monday, trusses going up this weekend. Hopefully start on it again after the 4th. Still need wastegate and injectors
Leave a comment:
-
HPT has the 2 bar tuning for the 97-98 PCM. I think it costs around $200 with HPT to do the custom OS. $100 to license the VIN, $100 for the custom OS. I don't think EFIlive has a custom OS for the 97-98 ECM (stock ECM is free w/ EFIlive)
I have repined a 4L80 harness to 4L60 in the Impala build. Simple pin swap IIRC. Will need a segment swap in the tune.
Leave a comment:
-
I have a 99' PCM from the orange Z28. Let me know if you need it, I'll make a great deal for you!
Leave a comment:
-
PM Slow67 on LS1tech - he has a diagram for relay mod. Don't know what he charges if anything.
I did the segment on mine as I didn't have any of the wiring.
That being said the 411 will be better for S/D boost tuning - the older pcm has some limitations on the V/E tables.
Leave a comment:
-
Thats what im hoping. Dont want to spend $250 if I dont need to
Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: