Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
hp/tq/ and 1/4 with a 76mm/78mm turbo
Collapse
X
-
If the snow ever melts, I'll be up to visit the new pad and maybe help.
Leave a comment:
-
Waiting on the delivery of my turbo. With weather letting up, I can possibly start getting some things done
Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-

Theres his firebird. Looks good doesnt it lol
Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-

Thats the front from the road. You can see my sons 94 firebird buried on the left kinda. Snow hasnt quit here being this close to the lake



Kitchen pic sorry was messing with camera settings. Open concept living/dining/kitchen area
Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-
Thats the back, which we just seen this weekend after being here for a month
Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-
quick update. We are in the new house (renting), but waiting on both to close. The lady who originally tried to buy our old house, the deal fell through. lowered the price and put it back on the market. 4 showings that week. Another sale. Closing date on that is any day. Once that one closes we can close on the new house. Firebird still hasnt been touched due to the weather and absolutely zero room in the garage to work on it. My dd sits outside and i have to brush the snow and ice off it everyday before starting my 77 mile one way journey to work on 2 of the most accident prone highways on the westside of the state, ecspecially in the winter. But we are minutes away from Lake Michigan and Silver Lake sand dunes and that makes it all worth it. Still plan on putting up a 30x40 polebarn asap but this damn weather. We bought a newer home that is a 4 bdrm 3 bath 3000 sq ft with a walkout basement on 3 acres at the end of a dead end road just outside of New Era, MI. Got a steal on it as it was still unfinished and the homeowners just inherited a cottage on upper silver lake and were trying to keep up with both. Other houses around (comps) are approximately 180-190k and not as nice. So Im thinking once my pole building is up, we should be near 200k in value. We lost our ass on the other house so this kind of makes up for it. Still plan on finishing my 5.3/4L80e/huron speed turbo kit and hopefully be at the meet and greet
Leave a comment:
-
Quick update. After installing the engine and putting the deposit on one of jonnys turbos, our house sold. We had it on the market for a short time when to our surprise a woman made an offer after only seeing it for approximately 15 minutes. So we had to begin looking for a new home ourselves. After 2 falling through, we finally found one that was even better then the others. Now we've been rushing to get our "ducks in a row". New house is great with a 2 car attached garage but absolutely no room for my firebird and its pieces lol. Needless to say there will be another garage/pole building going up as soon as the snow melts. Looking forward to that and getting back to finishing my project.
We will be moving closer to lake michigan (approximately 5 minutes away) and further north then I even am now.
Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk
Leave a comment:
-
Originally posted by Formula Z View PostHavent decided yet. Whatever I can get at transtar with my weller discount.It tough to do a budget build on a 4l80 due to parts cost. (that is unless you have lots of used parts)Originally posted by hoogiesngrinderz View Post
Maybe Rich from @Detroit Gearbox can chime in?
A lot depends on what year the core is.
If your buying the parts from transtar
Heres a quick list of part numbers
They don't sell a "kit" with the variety of friction/steels I like to use, so I buy everything separate.
34004ebf (buy this overhaul kit ((less steels)) regardless what year trans you have. It comes with pistons and high energy friction, and the later style sealing rings.
34010ea filter
34030ea is a bushing kit. You will need a few bushings regardless-I suggest replacing all of them.
s34064ba is a sonnax no walk case bushing. Use green loctite and install it backwards, then install 44212b,c, or d (shims .015-.025") and 44211c bearing in place of the case thrust washer and case shim. (you can read up on how to check rear gear train end play-easy to check with feeler gauges)
If your buying bands/ a34022e is the late front band (requires apply pin length 2.730" long) and B34024e for low & rev.
The transgo kit is simple enough to install and will take care of most problems (I think the kit comes with stronger direct clutch springs)
I like to change the cushions in the drums with the latest style, and I also prefer to replace all electronics, but that takes us away from "budget build"
If its a late unit with a solid main shaft, it is preferred to change it with one with a hole and make some lube changes up by the od planet & fwd drum.
Do some searching online. Lost of goof threads with pictures out there.
This should keep you busy for a while.
Leave a comment:
-
I've heard to stay away from the Alto PowerPack and go with Raybestos Hi Energy, but do some research on it. I'm interested though as my next personal engine build will be turbo / 4L80E setup.
I looked around a lot during the 4L60E build. I didn't like the idea of thin steels on the Z pak. Anyway, I ended finding a rebuilt used trans with 10k miles. Lost all gears. I figured it was just the pump (which it was) but for $100 I couldn't go wrong. Turns out it had TCI clutch packs good for 750hp, or so the rep said, but a few hundred in swapping it to 2wd and some upgraded internals and I'm on the road
Maybe Rich from [MENTION=3142]Detroit Gearbox[/MENTION] can chime in?
Leave a comment:
Leave a comment: