Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made up my mind, I'm done playing around with the 305. The truck deserves better. For now im going to dump some lucas in and let it eat, but long term its going to get a crate 350 and fitech injection.
    TSTONE likes this.
    -Joel
    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Good man. And to your point on Friday, now you'll want to keep it more, which isn't a bad thing.
      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Couple of pics from the weekend
        Atrus and MP81 like this.
        -Joel

Comment

• JoeliusZ28 , I expect to see many progress updates from your current upgrade.

Comment

• As thy wishes:
            Last edited by JoeliusZ28; September 20th, 2018, 08:31 AM.
            -Joel

Comment

• Added pictures
              -Joel

Comment

• Look at all that room to accidentally install headers now!

Valley and valvetrain look really clean. Good shit. I love the black powdercoat on the intake. Performer, Performer RPM?

Comment

• It's the performer EPS manifold.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/27013/10002/-1

I made my selection based on it making the best torque numbers, and also the fact it was available in black powdercoat. I want this install to look as factory as possible and the main reason for changing the intake out is so i could keep the original intake/carb/and emissions stuff all together as a unit so it can be bolted right back on if someone wants to do that. I labeled everything I disconnected. The new intake cleans everything up and any added power is a bonus.

No plans on doing headers, although I considered doing both that and a small cam. At the end of the day, it would still be slow so i decided it wasnt worth the time/effort. Just want this truck to run and drive without drama.
                  -Joel

Comment

• Also should mention im changing out valve seals and power steering pump while im in this deep (power steering pump squeals). Its probably going to be a week or two before i even get to start putting it back together.
                    -Joel

Comment

• One more thing. I seem to be having a problem with rust mixing into the coolant. Anything i can do to stop this besides flushing it again? I think i ran water too long a couple years back during the 30 or so flushes it took to clean the crap out.
                      -Joel

Comment

• You might need to run something like this through to clean it all out: https://prestone.com/products?detail=AS105Y

And okay, I'll have to see where the EPS fits in compared to the Performer and Performer RPM. My engine is blue, so the black powdercoat might look a little "off" on mine. But that's a little ways off anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP81 View Post
                          You might need to run something like this through to clean it all out: https://prestone.com/products?detail=AS105Y

And okay, I'll have to see where the EPS fits in compared to the Performer and Performer RPM. My engine is blue, so the black powdercoat might look a little "off" on mine. But that's a little ways off anyway.
                          Its available in the standard bare aluminum as well, cheaper that way even! And yeah, thats the chemical flush i originally used on the first flush. I'll probably need to do it again. Just need to make sure i dont clog my newly rebuilt radiator up with rust crap.
                          -Joel

Comment

• I actually don't think they offer the EPS in a spread-bore. I'm pretty sure the Air Gap won't fit under the stock hood, with the air-induction air cleaner (though I may go the custom route there and make my own. I really don't need the provisions for the heat riser or anything. But having the PCV and EVAP connections at the air cleaner still are probably a good idea. Either way, I'm limited in height of what I can use. The Performer RPM costs about $70 more than the regular Performer.

Comment

• ah i thought you were thinking about doing an EFI. Yeah, you'd want a spread bore manifold.
                              -Joel

Comment

• Yes, sorry, two separate trains of thought there - if I did EFI, square bore, if I kept the Qjet, spreadbore.

Comment

Working...
                                X