• Show
Clear All

• Little soon for that, isnt it?

Comment

• thanks for the share, hope all turns out well

13th!!! Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2017
      June 10th, 2017 - 9am to 3pm!!!
      Bakers of Milford, Milford, MI

Classics only cost alot if you add up what you spend!

sigpic

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
      - Dale Earnhardt -

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Little soon for that, isnt it?
        The car cover? Yes. The battery just took a shit so i just threw the cover on it for now its not done for the year though. (My black car gets dusty in about 2.3 seconds...)

Originally posted by TSTONE View Post
        thanks for the share, hope all turns out well
        Thanks! Guess i havent updated in a while, but yes it did. I replaced the egr valve so i could get it back on the road without reconfiging the distributor and carb. It did the trick, ran great on the road but still had a shaky idle which wound up being a vacuum leak. Its running and driving great now, but i still need to go through and replace all the vacuum lines.

I also have a recurve kit for the distributor now, so if i want to delete egr and retune everything i can.
        Last edited by JoeliusZ28; September 13th, 2016, 01:59 PM.
        -Joel
        1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
        1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
          The car cover? Yes. The battery just took a shit so i just threw the cover on it for now its not done for the year though.

Thanks! Guess i havent updated in a while, but yes it did. I replaced the egr valve so i could get it back on the road without reconfiging the distributor and carb. It did the trick, ran great on the road but still had a shaky idle which wound up being a vacuum leak. Its running and driving great now, but i still need to go through and replace all the vacuum lines.

I also have a recurve kit for the distributor now, so if i want to delete egr, put a giant cam in it and retune everything i can.
          Sounds like a great plan. Especially the giant cam.
          Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Yes, ron jeremy cam and 150 shot of nitrous for the *****in 305 this winter
            -Joel

Comment

• For America.

Comment

• Any ideas? The noise i thought i had fixed came back. Afraid it might be trans again...

This is highway speed, 70mph varying throttle

-Joel

Comment

• Just sounds like something rattling to me.

Comment

• It sounds rotational to me. I was hoping it was a rattle. (still am). i pulled the inspection cover off today to make sure it wasnt that, but no luck. same noise. i think its an input or output bearing biting the dust
                    -Joel

Comment

• Some of you probably already saw i put a dual exhaust kit on. Ordered it from LMC and used aerochambers instead of the supplied mufflers. I'm still working on perfecting the hanger and fit situation but for what i have invested im pretty happy with it so far. I want to try to add an h-pipe and i am probably going to cut/relocate the tailpipes and add tips. Right now i think they are too close to the tire and directly in the way of where a mud flap would be. But anyway, the little 305 is definitely happier now that it can breathe.

I'm still trying to figure out the rattling in the transmission. I have it narrowed down to either a throwout bearing rattle (not the bearing itself but a worn clutch fork), or an input bearing. Hoping its the first.
                      Last edited by JoeliusZ28; November 3rd, 2016, 08:20 AM.
                      -Joel

Comment

• Lookin' and sounding great! Plan on using this in the winter, or will it be tucked away from the salt?
                        2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

• definitely not driving it in the salt. It is insured year round, so if the conditions were perfect i might take it out but the collector policy states im not to endanger the vehicle by driving it in snow.
                          -Joel

Comment

• endanger the vehicle... thats funny.

Comment

• Almost like it is a person!

In that case, keep it far, far away from the salt - and Michigan winter drivers.

Comment

• Lol it sounds ridiculous but it saves me from having to switch between storage and regular insurance at a rate that assumes im not really driving it for 4 months out of the year.

Also i got the rest of the exhaust hangers finished tonight and its lined up about as perfect as i can get it. I think for the rear hangers i want something more than a single sheet metal screw but other than that everything is solidly in place. I took it for a test drive and its a noticeable improvement. More power all around and it wants to rev more/higher than before. Happy with the sound too but i think it'll be even better if i fab up an h-pipe later.

.... Flash photography makes that undercarriage look really bad. POR15 and painting everything is going to be one of my winter projects.
                                -Joel

Comment

Working...
                                X