X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Or I turn it into a coffee table.

Even if the wife doesn't like it - what's she going to do, move it?
    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• -Joel
      1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
      1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• I mean, nobody is going to buy a used California 305, so I might as well turn it into furniture.

And I mean the entire engine. As in, encase fully-dressed engine in glass.

Oooh, that'd be cool in the bar downstairs! Now I'm getting ideas. I'll have to disassemble it, get everything washed/cleaned and repaint the block so it's all pretty, but damn that'd be neat.

Comment

• I remember taking a bare Mopar 440 iron block down the basement stairs then having to get the whole short block back up. Thank god i was younger back then.
          DynoDave likes this.
          When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• Dammit!

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...od/prd1156.htm

Their new RTX series really does a top-notch job of looking completely stock. But I'm not spending another $1300 on gauges.

Plus, me being so particular, I don't like having a redline that wouldn't match the engine eventually going in, so I'm plenty fine with mine.

So, something on my list for spring is to figure out what to do with the top rails on my door panels. I need to put new interior window felts on (I replaced the exterior ones last year, so that's all good as far as the weather-proofing ones), but the stockers are stapled to the plastic top rails of the door panels...

Problem is, as you can probably guess, 38 year-old plastic is extremely brittle...so, I can't even get to the staples to remove them to pull the old felts off.

The obvious solution here would be to buy new top rails...which I would do...except they don't make them. You have to buy a complete assembled door panel to get new top rails, so I'm going to have to figure something out. Whether it means I just break the top edge of the top rails and figure out a way to reinforce the area and put the new felts on, or something similar, I don't know. The whole top rail is covered in the vinyl of the door panel, so it's entirely not visible, so whatever I do can look pretty crude as long as it works.
            Last edited by MP81; January 20th, 2019, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP81 View Post
              Dammit!

http://www.dakotadigital.com/index.c...od/prd1156.htm

Their new RTX series really does a top-notch job of looking completely stock. But I'm not spending another $1300 on gauges.
              Damn, those are pretty though.

DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Yeah they are - this was a new addition to the RTX line - it's really cool what they did with some of the factory "sweep-style" speedos and how they managed to keep that design and add the features of the HDX screens like I have.

They make a top-notch quality product, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend one - well worth the cost.

Comment

Working...
                X