Clear All

• I like those wheels.

But....

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/04...and-sport-z06/
    DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Thankfully, I think that supposed "issue" is only on the split 5-spokes, rather than the "standard" Z06 mesh multi-spoke/mesh wheels that I have my eyes set on.

I think another issue that doesn't help is the size of the wheels on those cars and the resulting size of the sidewall, whereas I'll only be running a 17 or 18" and a bit bigger of a sidewall.
      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Gotcha. So it's reproduced in smaller sizes?
        DynoDave
        POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Yup! And I can get them in the gunmetal color I like.

Since I can recalibrate my speedometer easily via the cluster, I do have leeway when it comes to tire sizes, though, out back, the height really won't be too big of a factor regarding how wide I can go. I should be able to potentially go wider than I'd usually be able to, assuming I'm able to shove the wheels out about 2" (without a spacer) to make up for the ~2" difference in backspacing. I have no idea how I can do this on the front. The bolt-on spacers work well enough, I just do not like the look, though the wheel design might hide them a little bit more. No idea yet - probably a long ways' off, but doesn't mean the research can't start yet.
          DynoDave likes this.
          Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Working...
          X