Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement build thread. 1999 firebird.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started looking at the harness today. And by started I mean I brought it up from the basement and took frequent naps in front of the computer while doing research. Looks like I have a 99 harness. .... maybee..... I need to look at some more pinouts.

Comment

• 20160918_223718.jpg
      20160919_060646.jpg
      Oh Lord .....
      Last edited by zeeman; September 19th, 2016, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• Yikes.
        DynoDave
        POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Yikes is right.....
          So, the plot thickens.....
          I can't find a correct body harness pinout for the car. Only one I find has the traction control junk on it. My car, while it was throttle by wire did not have traction control. I can't find the tach wire on the body harness side. Very frustrating.

Comment

• Ok. After speaking with gols1go and some research by the mechanic at work it has been determined that the tach signal is extrapolated by the pcm from either the crank sensor it cam (can't remember which) and delivered to the tach through the serial data conection......Really GM? One wire was too easy?

Comment

• V6 Harness - Clear (White) connector, pin 8.
              V8 Harness - Red C2, pin 10

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
              1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
              1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

• Yep the white wire is on the engine side but not on the car side. There is just nothing there. And it's like that from the factory. I know, it's weird....

It's on the c105 but just on the engine side of the plug. The pcm side is empty.
                Last edited by zeeman; September 25th, 2016, 08:29 PM.

Comment

• It doesn't go to C105 on v6 cars, it goes to the blue underdash connector, pin D.

The white wire (underhood connector) on the V6 car is cruise enable signal.

This is all based on research, though, back when I was looking at v6 cars to replace my NBM Camaro that was hit. Hope it helps.

1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes

Comment

• I'll have to look at that when I get home. All the pints for the 200 series connectors I looked at match up with what I have. But I'll look at it again.

Edit: As a matter of fact Ken Cash on the fbody face book page told me the same thing but according to my pinout it's not there. There us something different with the non traction controled car.

Pin D, blue connector, is a serial data wire according to the pinout I have.
                    Last edited by zeeman; September 26th, 2016, 09:20 AM.

Comment

• I did some more research for ya. It looks as if the white wire at pin G on the C105 is only for the EBCM. The 5.7 non-TCS engine harness may not have this wire according to all the diagrams I have. If this is the case, you would have to run a wire from C2 (red) pin 10 to C105 pin G. One diagram said C105 pin D, but all the rest said G.

As for the tach, it does look like it uses class II data bus. From what I'm seeing it's the dark green wire at pin K C230 (blue connector) which heads to the Star Connector.

Comment

• Thanks Mike! Yeah, it's a real mystery. It's tough to find accurate info on this thing. I'm getting there though.
                        I wired the bank 2 ignition power last night. I stuck it in pin k on the c100. They were empty, made it easy. Worked out nic.

Comment

• Man there are a lot of wires here! I have the power figure out for the most part. The metripack connectors from the v 6 are just killing me though. Takes lots of research and wiring diagrams to figure some of it out. I have to look @ 3 different pinouts, because I'm using a 411 pcm from a truck. But...it's going into a fbody ...and that fbody used to be a 6 banger.

Comment

• I found an old bookmark - https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti#40mfgeoe4ctti

Service manuals from 1993-2000 and tons of wiring diagrams.

Comment

• Good link. Thanks for sharing that.
                              DynoDave
                              POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Well, new starter and o2's showed up. I need to get the drive line back in place so I can get the pcm wiring started. I've been procrastinating.....

Comment

Working...
                                X