Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement build thread. 1999 firebird.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I've put a couple good days into the pcm harness. Stripped everything down, pulled what I needed out of the v6 harness. I've had to run a circuit for bank 2 coil /inj. The v6 car only has one bank.

I have injectors, and coils all wired in. And all the individual control wires. The trans is done. I also reworked the o2 wiring. I hate using extensions. So I stripped out the wires and rerouted them to the transmission loom. About .5 way down the trans an o2 wire goes each way left and right to the o2 sensors. This keeps the wiring away from the exhaust. And the routing brings the wires up right next to the pcm so it's easy. So I'm going to call this about halfway on the harness.

The bad. I forgot to bolt the ground wiring to the rear of the engine before I put it back in the car. I also forgot the vacuum tubing for the heater controls. And the vacuum hose for the power brake Booster is short. So I will be pulling it back out.....I have to ,to put the loom on the wires anyway. I might purchase a stall converter and put it in @ that time, it'll be easier that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by hoogiesngrinderz View Post
      I found an old bookmark - https://www.mediafire.com/?40mfgeoe4ctti#40mfgeoe4ctti

Service manuals from 1993-2000 and tons of wiring diagrams.
      Oh this is perfect. Per class rules I need the OEM service manual for my car in case of protest. I have a 98 one, but the chassis and rear axle are a 94 and the fuel system will be swapped to 99+. This will save some money.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
      1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

• 20161020_165314.jpg

Only a couple more sensors to hook up. It's a lot of work bit should be worth it.

Comment

• A couple more?
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Amen Dave! Lol. Wiring all done, just need to get a couple pics of it. I need to get the correct oil pressure sensor, the one I have in it now isn't correct for the dash. I have the v6 harness it has the plug that looks correct but has 2 pins. I thought that fbody oil pressure had one pin?

Now I need to decide about the torque converter. I'm leaning towards 3500 stall. I could do precision of new Hampton again but that's $750.00. I like the 4 disk lock up and the billed construction.....
            Decisions decisions....

Comment

• I rewired a Chrysler a few years back. Sat down and made myself a wiring diagram of what I had done, while it was fresh in my mind. I would recommend the same here. It will pay off later on.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Yep, I have all my notes schematics and pinouts. It covers pretty much everything....I think. We will see when I start it.

Comment

• Went with a 2500 stall converter, going to try out a Hughes performance. Price was too good to pass on. Harness is just about completely loomed, except around the computer plugs and c 10x conectors. I'll wait till it's back in the car to loom them. Hoping to fire it before Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Ok, the converter showed up yesterday. There was a delay in shipping. Seems the manufacturer forgot to , charge me,/ build it. But only until I called and reminded them. Lol. A week later. Then another week and I have a converter.
                    Another issue in the "only happens to me" category. I was working on my pressure oiler,and realized I would need an oil filter. So ,quick trip to meijers . One oil filter procured. It wouldn't fit . Can't get it to take a thread. Wtf? So I tried a filter from the last change on the Camaro. No bueno. Turns out the fitting in the ls1 oil pan I bought from a Chevrolet dealership has the wrong fitting installed in it.
                    I ended up swapping it out for the one from the truck pan. No problem but...ffs. it was brand new. The Damn thing is too big it measures almost 22 mm. Should be 20. Come on GM!

Comment

• The new GM LS1 oil pans use the PF48 style filters. It's noted on the superchevyperformance.com's website.

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
                      1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
                      1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

• So a am I going to be OK with swapping the fitting out like I did or should I swap it back? Weird that I don't see it noted in the filter listings....

Comment

• So I had a wild idea, I called em! Spoke to Chris, he said he thought it would be ok. So I went and looked at the 2 filters, to compare them. The only difference is the size of the tapped portion of the filter. So no biggy. I just stick with the old size filter.

Comment

• I figured you'd be fine. There are 4 vehicles in our family that run PF48s so I just keep a few on the shelf

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
                            1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
                            1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

• So I am very close to firing it. I need a throttle cable. And a better fuel line for connecting from the hard line to the fuel rail. Gotta pick up a battery. I need to finish the exhaust. I been putting in an hour or 2 here and there. Except for weekends.
                              Did the heater hoses last night, with rubber hose. That sucked big time. Dropped my 5/16th socket. It ended up inside the 4 primary tubes where they get welded into the collector. Took my .5 hours to find it. And at least that long to remove it. Lol soon as I went back to work....dropped it again and it went right back in there!
                              But anyway. Should be soon.

20161120_164217.jpg
                              Last edited by zeeman; November 27th, 2016, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• Last tool I dropped in there I just left it. It made its way out on the road somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
                                1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X