Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement build thread. 1999 firebird.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I drove it today. Still doesn't shift correctly and runs crappy. I have a lot of tweeking to do. I have to look @ the front brakes something is dragging, needs an alignment, exhaust needs some fitment work. But it's getting there

Comment

• Nice! There a lot more fun to tinker with when you can drive 'em.
      zeeman likes this.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Just an update. I am taking a bit of a break from the car for a couple months. My other passion is riding my bike. I was returning from a ride out to Belle Isle, and I got hit by a car. It's been a couple weeks, I'm not in any danger ,I just need to heal. I can't discuss any specifics because of our legal system. So I'm still around, I'll be back.

Comment

• So,I'm still here. Still waiting on a settlement on my accident. Car is in the garage...waiting. It needs a tune. And some minor work to run as an n\a build. Still trying to decide what I want to do with it. In order to finish it as a turbo build I would need to back up and start over somewhat. Ditch the air conditioning. Remove the completely rebuilt 4l60 trans and replace it with a 4l80 transmtion. And build or buy A 8.8 rear end. Figure out some kind of fix for the torque arm too. Or. I could build the one air conditioning line I need, charge the system, and get it tuned, and drive it.

I did fix the grinding sound it had when moving. Brake pads was backward! Lol. Still need to fix the exhaust system it won't stay up and the tail pipe slowly sags.

Comment

• Always a tough call. No right answer, just what's right for you. You healed up OK from the accident?
            DynoDave
            POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• I'm probably 95% . Some permanent damage. Nothing horrible just a nuisance. Still can't talk about it for legal reasons. I'm riding again but a bit slower, lol.

I'm leaning towards N\A. I might let a shop tune it so so can I can drive it. With a little body work and paintit would be a nice car. Think I'll save the turbo for somethings else.

Comment

Working...
              X