X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Project] K10 Project

Im past due to start this thread since Ive already gotten a number of things done on this truck so far.

1st project: distributor cap, rotor, and ignition module. Which I thought it needed due to a rough idle and randomly losing all spark. Turns out... the distributor cap wasnt even secured to the distributor. Oh well, fresh parts are better anyway:

I should have taken more pictures, but as you can see its still rocking the original delco remy ignition. I used all delco replacement parts.

2nd project: Phase 1 detailing. Single stage buff with swirl remover and tire shine. Also saddle soaped the interior. Still need to follow up with a polish, coat of wax and some touch-ups.

3rd project: removed the headache bar. The previous owner put a lot of care into custom making this, so i wish i had a use for it but i think the truck looks better without it. I've been on the fence about the toolbox since its normally not anything id ever buy, but its growing on me... plus theres already holes in the bedrails for it

More soon!
    -Joel
    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Good looking truck Joel! I'd lose the toolbox though
    sigpic
    Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

Looks great! Toolbox is an eyesore, but it could prove to be handy being a regular cab truck. If it were me, it would come down to what I planned on using the truck for.

You have the black and red thing going, so worst case if you remove it and there are holes in the bed, I'd just find some black plastic plugs/grommets to seal 'em up.
      2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

Thanks! Yeah there are 4 holes in each side of the bed rail since the box was mounted twice in two spots.... IE the box was installed before the headache bar and when he added the headache bar he drilled new holes in the rail instead of the toolbox (heh.). I could hide them with some new bed rail covers.

For now im keeping it but its easily removable if i change my mind. Had it out in all of 5 minutes last night to get rid of the headache bar. At least its black and not polished/chrome or it would already be gone too.
        -Joel

Comment

What's a headache bar?

1996 Camaro Z28 cam, heads, stall, and a few other goodies
          Alumni Member, MSU Racing Club
          THREE-PEAT MiFbody Meet & Greet "Longest Hauler Award" 2010, 2011, 2012
          Originally posted by JasonH
          It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

ah, I totally missed that in the pictures.

1996 Camaro Z28 cam, heads, stall, and a few other goodies
              Alumni Member, MSU Racing Club
              THREE-PEAT MiFbody Meet & Greet "Longest Hauler Award" 2010, 2011, 2012
              Originally posted by JasonH
              It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

Well i guess i never posted a good picture of it. The idea is you can strap in a ladder or something longer than would normally fit in the bed and it wont hit the roof.

-Joel

Comment

I thought they were also to keep cargo from going through the rear window and splittin' your wig in the event of a crash.
                  2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

Yes that too
                    -Joel

Comment

I love the truck, similar to something I wanted to pick up, but I made a different plan. lol Nice ride look forward to seeing it.

Comment

Great looking truck.
                        DynoDave
                        POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

This truck is even cleaner than imaginable in person. My friends that rolled in, in the GTO, were enamored by it, to say the least. Great find - I'll have to look at it more closely myself next time it's out.
                          Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Thanks Kyle! I am really enjoying this truck so far.
                            -Joel

Comment

Looks Great. Now it just needs a LS Swap. LOL
                              Western Michigan Camaro Club ~ President
                              1987 Camaro IROC-Z Pearl White & Black w/ Red Pearl, 355 TPI, A4, 3:42, AirRide,"GOMARO"
                              2017 Silverado Double Cab Z71 Pepperdust Metallic, 5.3, A6, 3:42, "SASYZ71"
                              2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White, 3800
                              WMCC Website www.wmcamaro.org

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,
                              is strong enough to take everything you have." — Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
                              are willing to work and give to those who would not."
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X