Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I have been thinking of picking up a corsa catback, it?s the only catback I have heard that I absolutely love. I can get a used one for $400. They are $1200 new.

All of the cammed videos I have heard with the blackheart I?m not in love with it.

Also the wife just dropped that she wants to look at a new house ‍♂️.

Corsa- https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...24687855_zpid/

House-
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1...24687855_zpid/

Or

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6...79863843_zpid/

I really don?t want to move to Dundee, small garage, it?s no Chelsea (I?m bias), no yard for our 2 dogs.

Although the first house, it?s in Chelsea, good yard, amazing garage, I don?t think there is a basement (no storage?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2002 Z28 Camaro A4
    1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
    1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
    2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
    -- MCALUS MOLDED PILLAR PODS, PM ME FOR MORE INFO--
    sigpic

Comment

• I ran across a great deal when I bought The Borla for my corvette. It was a new but discontinued Stinger model. Was $1350, got it for $500. Sound is about perfect to me.
      When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• Wrong link on the corsa

https://youtu.be/9FyB4Lo2QWk

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
        1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
        1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
        2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
        sigpic

Comment

• For an LS, the ultimate exhaust, IMO, is the Corsa.

When I go about my LS-swap in the '81, I'd like to find a pair of Corsa mufflers, because it will give the proper sound for an LS build.

Regarding houses, I like the Dundee house, as it's a nice new build (though the quartz counters in the kitchen can **** off), but god damn that is a tiny little lot. The Chelsea house looks to be nicely updated still with a good-sized half-acre lot.
          mcalus likes this.
          Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Originally posted by MP81
            For an LS, the ultimate exhaust, IMO, is the Corsa.

When I go about my LS-swap in the '81, I'd like to find a pair of Corsa mufflers, because it will give the proper sound for an LS build.

Regarding houses, I like the Dundee house, as it's a nice new build (though the quartz counters in the kitchen can **** off), but god damn that is a tiny little lot. The Chelsea house looks to be nicely updated still with a good-sized half-acre lot.
            Even though the last thing I need is another exhaust, I feel that I shouldn?t pass up on it. Idk when I?ll come across another used one.

Yeah the wife is leaning towards the Dundee house. She has a friend/coworker that lives in the same sub. I, a) don?t want to double my commute to work and b) I?ll be that much further away from family. I?ve been in Chelsea my entire life. Never left for school, was at home until I was 25 when I bought my house. Now moving 45 min away is kinda big deal (to me).

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
            1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
            1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
            2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
            sigpic

Comment

• If it increases your commute a lot, don't do it. We went from driving 55 minutes each way in Flushing to 25-35 min each way (usually the former in the morning, the latter in the afternoon) where we are now and I'd never move back.

Just cause her friend lives there doesn't mean you should if it means a whole lot of changes (and not necessarily good) for you.

$400 for a Corsa exhaust is a damn steal, though you lose the true-dualness of the Blackheart, which definitely is a huge benefit.
              ktl711 likes this.

Comment

• Buy some Chambered mufflers (like the GMMG) and put them under the car with the true dual exhaust, I?d bet you would like it. Corsa stuff is cool though. I have a corsa exhaust on my boat lol.

Comment

• Few more pieces to the puzzle came in yesterday.

Also forgot to mention Tick has these gaskets listed as ls1 fbody gaskets on their website. Pretty sure they are to an sbc/lt1 car.

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                  1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                  1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                  2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                  sigpic

Comment

• Yeah those are not correct.They should be much smaller and fit into the pre-formed groove in the valve cover.
                    2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

• "5.7, 5.0, 4.3" - definitely not Gen III.

And holy shit, a Fred!
                      ktl711 likes this.

Comment

• Yep they said they were wrong. They sent me some new ones for free and didn?t have to return these.

Our house will officially be on the market tomorrow and they expect it to sold in less then 10 days . Sounds like I?ll be putting the car back together at the new house if everything goes as planned.

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                        1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                        1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                        2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                        sigpic

Comment

• A bit of an update. I have decided to put the stock heads back on (unported) as I have enough going on with the house and I?m on a bit of a time restraint.

We had 3 offers on our house in 4 days of it being listed. Sale pending for $1200 over what we listed it for.

I?ll be working on the car tomorrow night in hopes of having the old cam out and new cam and oil pump back in.

Tick screwed me on my valve cover gaskets. They wanted me to purchase the new gaskets and they would refund me. Well the shipping was $22 so they dropped it to $9.80. I told them the original order was free shipping (was over $100) they said that?s the best they could do. Definitely disappointed on how they handled that for something so cheap. I?ll just get them local and I?ll give the wrong gaskets to my coworker with an old sbc.

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                          1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                          1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                          2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                          sigpic

Comment

• Edit:

Is it worth getting new valve seals on the heads while they are off? I mean if everything goes as planned I?ll be able to drop the whole motor fall of this year and do everything else I wanted to to (oil pan gasket, tubular k etc).

Also, nice thing about the new house is it?s 10 minutes from Milan Dragway :burnout:

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                            1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                            1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                            2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                            sigpic

Comment

• How many miles on them? If the valve guides aren't worn, the valve seals likely won't be either.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP81
                                How many miles on them? If the valve guides aren't worn, the valve seals likely won't be either.

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                                1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                                1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                                2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X