X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mcalus View Post
    Well I ran into some issues because I didn't realize you have to measure and shim the spacing between the converter pad and flexplate. I was fortunate enough to not damage the trans pump, I reseated the converter, measured, added 2 shims and new bolts, torqued to spec.
    Is this an LS thing? I don't recall hearing folks with an old SBC talking about that. Maybe I've missed something?

DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• If you don?t have enough of the converter nose inserted into the pump, you are more likely to break the pump. Generally if you need a shim it?s about an eighth of an inch.
      When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• OK, good to know. I guess that's something I will have to watch for in the future.
        DynoDave
        POCI # 72200

Comment

• It has broken more than a few 4L60E pumps.

Comment

• I?ve take the car to and from work a few times. With it raining basically this entire month it?s been tough to get it out. I have been thinking about some new wheels (see pics).

Also I ended up getting an ss hood (thanks again Kevin!)

https://youtu.be/1SyxJMfUxGs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            2002 Z28 Camaro A4
            1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
            1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
            2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
            -- MCALUS MOLDED PILLAR PODS, PM ME FOR MORE INFO--
            sigpic

Comment

• Hood looks right at home!
              mcalus likes this.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

Comment

• At least it stayed in the family. Is Kevin allowed to at least visit it every other weekend?

Comment

• Car sounds bad ass. How is that converter working for you?
                  mcalus likes this.

Comment

• Are you planning on doing the stripe on the hood, or keeping it as it is?

1996 Camaro Z28 cam, heads, stall, and a few other goodies
                    Alumni Member, MSU Racing Club
                    THREE-PEAT MiFbody Meet & Greet "Longest Hauler Award" 2010, 2011, 2012
                    Originally posted by JasonH
                    It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

• Lol Kevin is more then welcome to come spend some time with his hood.

I?m unsure about the converter. I?ve never driven a truly stalled auto car before.
                      My old 93 had the revmax converter but I?ve been told it?s definitely not yank quality.

It takes a whole lot of gas peddle to get it moving. It?s not necessarily from a stop it?s getting up to speed. I can?t easily get on the highway, it?s either I?m puttsing (sp?) or it?s wot lol. Is this normal for a high stalled auto? It doesn?t bug me too much but the Corsa is much louder then expected. I might end up throwing the catted y pipe on.

I haven?t really ripped on the car yet. Here and there but nothing crazy. I?d like to take it to Milan dragway but not until I get some drag radials.

I may end up doing a variation of a manta stripe on the hood. This is what it would look with the manta....

This is what I might go with (black, no gs stripes)

I really really want to 6 speed swap this car for fun factor, but I can?t justify dropping ~2-2500 into it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                      1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                      1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                      2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                      -- MCALUS MOLDED PILLAR PODS, PM ME FOR MORE INFO--
                      sigpic

Comment

• I have heard there is a big difference in the Yank SS3600 and SS4000. I had the SS3600 and I thought it drove almost like stock until you hammered it.

Comment

Working...
                        X