Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe see if U can send your ECM to Phil and have him put a prelim tune in. Might save you some money. I?m thinking about seeing if I can get him to do a tune on my Corvette.
    When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• ????

Dr.-Phil-3.jpg
      JoeliusZ28 and mcalus like this.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Originally posted by farmington
        Getting close. I would consider doing something other than a mail order tune. Not sure who is out your way but I?d do some research.
        I would definitely like to get a dyno tune but I?d have to travel to metro Detroit which isn?t an issue. I?d really Dr. Phil to get his hands on it but I know he is very hard to track down.

When I had my 93, I went to the dyno day that mifbody holds, and dr Phil was impressed with my pcmforless tune on it. He said he wouldn?t waste my money on a dyno. Now I know I might have gotten pretty lucky but hopefully I?ll get that lucky this time around. Maybe a weird way to think of it but at minimum I want a mail order to make sure there aren?t any leaks/issues etc before I take it to the dyno.

Cliff notes: dyno tune in the future lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        2002 Z28 Camaro A4
        1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
        1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
        2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
        -- MCALUS MOLDED PILLAR PODS, PM ME FOR MORE INFO--
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by farmington
          Maybe see if U can send your ECM to Phil and have him put a prelim tune in. Might save you some money. I?m thinking about seeing if I can get him to do a tune on my Corvette.
          Sorry started typing a response and never posted it then I just saw this lol.

That would be awesome! I didn?t know he did that (if he does).

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
          1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
          1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
          2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
          sigpic

Comment

• I've always heard that PCM4Less did a pretty decent job with the tunes.

FWIW, my Trifecta tune on my Cobalt is really damn good - but Vince and I spent a good amount of time working on it, especially working out a few bugs that stuck around until the car randomly threw a code on the freeway and we could finally figure out the cause of the issues (in short: if you rolled in slowly to WOT, it wouldn't go into PE...in other words, 14.7:1 AFR @ 15 psi of boost. How the engine did not explode under multiple instances of that, I do not know). Lot of logging, sending the log, uploading a tweaked tune, and repeating.
            Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• 586-321-5568 a number I found for Dr Phil
              mcalus likes this.
              When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• i have a set of ls rockers with the comp trunions already installed if youre interested. Had them posted up for $250.
                1999 Turbo Trans Am WS6**Under Construction** Rear Mount Retired
                Haters Quote "That car wont go faster then 10.50's" My response? You Lose!!
                2015 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 Diesel
                2010 Corvette Z06
                "The SS looks like it could kick your ass if it wanted to, the WS6 looks like it's coming over to do it!"

Comment

• IMO dyno tunes are almost never a requirement, i personally think datalogging on the street is a better method of feedback. Dynos are only useful for chasing peak numbers which, if you tune from street logs correctly, should land you at the same numbers anyway. (assuming you aren't purposely leaning it out to make 5 more HP).
                  MP81 likes this.
                  -Joel
                  1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
                  1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Originally posted by 99TransAmWS6
                    i have a set of ls rockers with the comp trunions already installed if youre interested. Had them posted up for $250.
                    NEW PEOPLE!!!!! Lol

I?ll pass I appreciate it though!

Disconnect the fuel line yesterday when I got home. Woot! Lol.

Haven?t had a goodnight to get to the garage and tear more down.

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                    1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                    1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                    2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                    sigpic

Comment

• Today and this weekend are going to pretty nice, weather-wise, so a good opportunity to get a lot done and not freeze to death.

Comment

• I was hoping to get some car projects done this weekend too, but now instead I'll be fixing the rally fusion (just creamed a deer with it )
                        -Joel

Comment

• ****ing deer.

Unrelated, but my buddy just picked up an '06 Fusion S with a stick. Sounded like...quite the selection of Fusion owners these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeliusZ28
                            I was hoping to get some car projects done this weekend too, but now instead I'll be fixing the rally fusion (just creamed a deer with it )
                            Do you need a bumper Joel? Might have an extra one laying around at work.

Got some goodies in today. Lifters, trays and timing chain and gears. This timing chain looks like it came from my daughters tricycle.

2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                            1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                            1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                            2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                            sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mcalus View Post

Do you need a bumper Joel? Might have an extra one laying around at work.

Hopefully not but I might, i wont know if its damaged until i get it apart this weekend. I'll let you know I appreciate the offer!
                              -Joel

Comment

• Got a lot done tonight.

Removed the intake, valve covers, valvetrain, heads, hub and balancer.

Only make one booboo. Yanked the map sensor wires right from the connector. Dohh!

Do I have to plug anything on the intake after removing the air and egr? There is a slue of small vac lines behind the intake/heads.

Do I need to do anything to the knock sensors?

Any reason to even take the valley cover off?

Best bang for the buck catch can? I definitely won?t be dropping might mouse money on a catch can that?s for sure. But I?m guessing all of my oil is coming from the tb.

JoeliusZ28 likes this.
                                2002 Z28 Camaro A4
                                1993 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                                1999 Z28 Camaro M6- SOLD
                                2008 Ford Fusion SE - DD
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X