Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement build thread. 1999 firebird.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
    I'll order the "Happy New Transmission Day" banner this afternoon.
    Thanks Dave, be another week or so. Richard is also going to flush out the converter for me...So I got that going for me...

Comment

• Absolutely worth waiting for. Coolers and lines too. Don't need any trash in the new trans.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Lines and radiator already cleaned out with brake clean and compressed air. Not taking any chances... So I rebuilt the power antenna in the Firebird today, I also did the one in the Camaro....and a spare. Got a little carried away ....
        Installed the honey comb tail lights in the fire bird. ran out of motivation after that.

Comment

• I dropped the hood off @ the body shop (again, different shop). the busted corner is getting fixed and painted and hes going to re finish the underside, make it look pretty!

Comment

• A big big thank you to Richard @ Detroit Gear Box!

20170225_111537.jpg20170225_111545.jpg
            formula218 likes this.

Comment

• So now I think I am going to fix up the harness a bit while I , once again, have acess to it. I have the correct no adhesive tape . I would like to finish the looming and there are a couple wires that need to get corrected. So another slight delay but itll be beter in the long rub me thinks.

Comment

• Looks nice! Stock or built? Also, where did you get the non-adhesive tape? Would love to get my hands on a couple of rolls of that. Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• trans is" built" , I picked up the tape on ebay, was like 6 bux.

Comment

• Trans is back in and appears to be functioning correctly now. I couldnt manually select first gear @ first. So went to see gols1go, Ken , fixed her up for me. we reloaded a stock 2002 ss. trans tune to the pcm, so I can have a stable starting point. All is well now.
                    The trans is completely rebuilt by Richard @ Detroit Gear Box. Lots of goodies inside. He also cleaned out my converter for me since it was full of material from the burnt 3rd gear in the trans before the rebuild.
                    For the harness, I fixed the wiring on the o2's , and re wrapped the harness with the adhesive free tape I bought and finished the looming. I elected not to get into correcting the 2 injectors that needed to be swapped around , it was just to far into it, and I didnt want start cutting wires and soldering.

I failed to get any pics of the work going in, Its been way to cold for that , and I just wanted to get this stuff done.

Comment

• What parts did you use to rebuild your firebird power antenna? I'm trying to track down the right part number for the antenna and ribbed white plastic cable part. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky SOB View Post
                        What parts did you use to rebuild your firebird power antenna? I'm trying to track down the right part number for the antenna and ribbed white plastic cable part. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I purchased the masts from ebay for about $16.00 they also sell gm part but they were very expensive.

Comment

• still waiting on my Hood to be redone. heres something strange... my gas gauge doesn't work any more. It worked before, now it doesn't. switched back to the original cluster and still no worky worky. wtf. I already broke it and its not even on the street yet?

Comment

• Picked up my hood last week, its on the car. looks good! Still haven't been able to figure out whats up with the fuel gauge, making me a little nutz. Its slowly coming together. I have been debating removing the newly rebuilt 4l60e and installing that in the Camaro and getting the 4l80 e I will need fore the turbo build and just going that route without driving the car naturally aspirated. I am not getting a lot of time to work on it right now so I would like to make the time I do have count. dunno....

Comment

• Fuel gauge is now functioning correctly! During one of the trace and rewire sessions I had with the trans out, I inadvertently placed the ground wire in the wrong pin on the pcm.
                              In a couple weeks I am going to register it and drive it around to see what's what. Can't wait!

Comment

• Excellent. It's a pain chasing down all these details, but it's paying off. You'll be on the road soon!
                                DynoDave
                                POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Working...
                                X