Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Replacement build thread. 1999 firebird.

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol, I was tempted, believe me. But I needed it to finish things up. 2nd time was easier.

Comment

• Got a plug I can't figure out. It's an 8 pin plug on the fan harness. Wtf does that go to? I can't remember. Anyone ?

Comment

• Cruise control? I think thats in the same area, could check tonight

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
        1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

• Wish I would have taken notes. That is kind of what I was thinking. This was a throttle by wire car, if it makes a difference. I would appreciate it if you could look at yours.

Comment

• Well, if things go right tomorrow may be the day for its first firing. I need to pick up a battery, fuel, hook up a couple of grounds. I might work on the exhaust, I don't really want to start it on open headers. Too old for that shiz.....

I made up a flex line to go from my fuel rail to the hard line. I used 2 factory quick connects and a flare fitting to join everything together And fabled up a bracket to hold the throttle cable I picked up today. I ll get some pics up eventually.

Comment

• well that was a fiasco. soon as I hook up the battery relays start clicking. turn the key and the fuel pump primes. and my junction leaks like a sieve. the locks are actuating with the key when I turn it off. the left turn signal is flashing and the idiot lights are flashing. No starter signal either.

And as an added bonus, I cant find the set of keys with the remote for the door locks.
              Last edited by zeeman; December 4th, 2016, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1BADAIR View Post
                [ATTACH=CONFIG]62987[/ATTACH]Like this?

Alrighty then. I am going to need this y block in the photo. The flared fittings I tried using wont seal and Im done fighting with it. Anyone have this part or know where I can get it with the nuts? Or how about a part #, its name, any info would help.

Comment

• Probably a junkyard part. Mine is super crusty but I reused it anyway. Meant to check the radiator harness thing but I forgot about it. Will try to remember it this week when I decide to pull my header.

sigpic

Comment

• No prob. I figured out the harness. It's the wiring for the throttle body drive by wire.
                    It's hard to find any v8 cars in the bone yard. I may have to go find a v6 set of lines and just run the vette filter in the engine bay. I'm not crazy about that idea though. That would put 2 regulators in my system, wonder if that could cause a problem....
                    I did figure out the issue with the wiring, cluster etc. That alarm system had come partially unplugged. So part of the alarm was trying to go off, I am nearly ready to crank it!

Comment

• FYI, J&J Auto Parts down here by Columbus had a 4th gen fuel tank and other parts ready for me and based off what they said they part out a lot of them. May be worth giving them a call since they do ship.

sigpic

Comment

• Thanks Devin , if It becomes a problem I'll have to do that. I bought a new flaring tool, and a new Tee and got it to seal. The problem is the tubing has a seam in it that has to be ground out after flaring. It's just a little raised lump but it's enough to make it not seal.

So it runs! I have a p0300 ,random misfire, code. It runs like shit, but it runs. 60 psi oil pressure at idle warm. No ticking or knocking.
                        My tuner, gols1go, is going to come to the house and help me diagnose things after the holidays. Can't wait to find out what the problem is.
                        Last edited by zeeman; December 23rd, 2016, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• congrats!!!!
                          2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

• Thanks, I'm pretty pumped!

Comment

• Awesome work Joe
                              1999 z28 Bright Blue Metallic 1 of 10
                              1999 z28 Hugger Orange RS 1 of >309 (Sold)
                              1997 z28 White 6 speed Heads and Cam. (Sold)
                              1994 z28 PPM auto Cam only (Sold)
                              1984 sport coupe red 4 cyl (Sold)

Comment

• Thank you very much guys! Got a little more to do, mechanical speaking. I'm chasing 1 more electrical gremlin ,the fuel Guage. But it's coming along nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X