Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I run TR7 iridiums @ .040 gap. I would NOT use a stock heat range plug and gap in this application.
    2015 Silverado

Originally posted by JoeliusZ28
    If you need 6 and half grand to break your tires loose you shouldnt be attempting a holeshot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boost Addict View Post
      I run TR7 iridiums @ .040 gap. I would NOT use a stock heat range plug and gap in this application.

What would you go with then?
      sigpic

1996 Base Model
      +2 cylinder mod

Comment

• My plugs looked great when I pulled them out after 250 miles. You could probably get away with a TR6 but I doubt you'd notice much change between a 6 or a 7. Probably gap them .035-.040. I had mine at .035 in those first 250 miles.
        2015 Silverado

If you need 6 and half grand to break your tires loose you shouldnt be attempting a holeshot.

Comment

• Why two steps colder? Rule of thumb is a step per ever 100hp over stock I doubt he would need a 6.
          Doing less with more

Comment

• I use TR6s in my car - i had better luck with them than TR55s
            -Joel
            1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
            1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• I should be making atleast 100 over stock said and done.

I alreadly have some TR55s on my shelf.

But I want what will work best.
              sigpic

1996 Base Model
              +2 cylinder mod

Comment

• Im easily 100 over stock, sounds like john will have a similar setup. Remember LT1s pickup like 400 horsepower from just headers
                -Joel
                1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
                1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
                  Im easily 100 over stock, sounds like john will have a similar setup. Remember LT1s pickup like 400 horsepower from just headers
                  lol then me and you should be in the 600 range if thats true!
                  wishing i could drive like joe and the atm squad

Comment

I run TR7 iridiums @ .040 gap. I would NOT use a stock heat range plug and gap in this application.
                    Damn I ran 103's at .035
                    Joe - ATM SQUAD
                    At the shop, watching them build my car.

Comment

• Originally posted by PWND3r View Post
                      Damn I ran 103's at .035

So what do you guys think I should run?
                      sigpic

1996 Base Model
                      +2 cylinder mod

Comment

• Originally posted by jderry View Post
                        So what do you guys think I should run?
                        I'm still waiting to hear Ricky's logic. I personally run a TR55 and my car makes 180hp more than when it was stock. I would feel fine going to a 6 range plug I just haven't yet.
                        Doing less with more

Comment

• Originally posted by DETROITMUSCLE View Post
                          I'm still waiting to hear Ricky's logic. I personally run a TR55 and my car makes 180hp more than when it was stock. I would feel fine going to a 6 range plug I just haven't yet.
                          Theres no real logic behind it. My car had TR6s when it was a bolt on car and ran just fine and the plugs looked good. And as I stated when I pulled the current plugs they looked great, so I will continue using this heat range. I don't go by rule of thumbs, I go by what works for me.
                          2015 Silverado

Comment

• If the plugs aren't fouling there really isn't any reason not to run a cold plug.

I'll more than likely end up with a BR6EF when I get around to changing them in my bolt on car

Comment

Theres no real logic behind it. My car had TR6s when it was a bolt on car and ran just fine and the plugs looked good. And as I stated when I pulled the current plugs they looked great, so I will continue using this heat range. I don't go by rule of thumbs, I go by what works for me.
                              I don't disagree with you running that plug I just don't see a tr55 being harmful in his application. I would like to have seen your plug when you pulled it, was it shut down right after a WOT pass? how many miles were on them? I'd be willing to bet you looked at the plug and could not really see much of anything about them aside from whether the ground strap was still exsistant and if they had oil on them. You can't conclude anything from a plug that has seen excessive idle time. Mike is right as long as they aren't fouling they probably aren't hurting having a colder plug but it also doesn't necessarily make them ideal for the application either.
                              Doing less with more

Comment

• Originally posted by DETROITMUSCLE View Post
                                I don't disagree with you running that plug I just don't see a tr55 being harmful in his application. I would like to have seen your plug when you pulled it, was it shut down right after a WOT pass? how many miles were on them? I'd be willing to bet you looked at the plug and could not really see much of anything about them aside from whether the ground strap was still exsistant and if they had oil on them. You can't conclude anything from a plug that has seen excessive idle time. Mike is right as long as they aren't fouling they probably aren't hurting having a colder plug but it also doesn't necessarily make them ideal for the application either.
                                Look I'm not hear to debate plugs with you, I know well enough how and when to read plugs. He asked for opinions on plugs and that's what he got. If you want to run a hot plug in an almost 12:1 engine on pump than that's up to you. NGK will tell you the same thing I am.
                                2015 Silverado

Comment

Working...
                                X