Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost positive it isnt that high. Maybe it is, its been a long time since Ive been to the track, and I really dont beat on my car too much. Mines been put away since October? I will have to data log next time I go to the track, I never have before.
    1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

• You need to put a tire on that car. I went 1.6x with STOCK suspension and 320-ish RWHP

Comment

• Originally posted by c0ncEpT View Post
        You need to put a tire on that car. I went 1.6x with STOCK suspension and 320-ish RWHP
        Ditto. But thats a pretty conservative rwhp estimate ya sandbagger!
        -Joel
        1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
        1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
          Ditto. But thats a pretty conservative rwhp estimate ya sandbagger!
          I would be pretty excited if it made 325+ to be honest. There is no way in hell it will make anything over 339 either IMO.

Comment

I would be pretty excited if it made 325+ to be honest. There is no way in hell it will make anything over 339 either IMO.
            In that case i estimate 339! Plus 31

I know autos typically do more with less but usually thats because of the launch. You trapped dead nuts even with a 370rwhp 6 speed at the track, and from a roll. The way i see it... When two similar cars (weight, friction, etc) pull the exact same from point x to point y, the same power is going to the wheels. If not, either physics were broken that day or i no longer have any faith in dynos

But that said, id have to hand it to you on a small weight advantage.
            -Joel

Comment

• Autos are not as efficient. To the wheels, hes probably making less than you. Manual cars always dyno higher.
              1999 Camaro - 6 liters of fury.....

Comment

• Originally posted by sman View Post
                Autos are not as efficient. To the wheels, hes probably making less than you. Manual cars always dyno higher.
                I understand that, but if cars are pulling through rpms at the same rate, i would conclude that wheel hp is the same an his crank hp must be higher.
                -Joel

Comment

• I would say crank hp could be the same but rwhp will read lower on the dyno through an auto. There is no way that car will dyno 370 on the same dyno you were on. Remember gearing and weight play a factor in your calculations as well.
                  Doing less with more

Comment

• If it makes 370 I think it would be a new record for a stock internal LS1. Most I've ever seen is in the 340's through an auto

Comment

If it makes 370 I think it would be a new record for a stock internal LS1. Most I've ever seen is in the 340's through an auto
                      Say what you will. I blow the ka-f***ing doors off bolt on LS1s all the time, especially autos.
                      -Joel

Comment

Say what you will. I blow the ka-f***ing doors off bolt on LS1s all the time, especially autos.
                        There are less informed people in every car following that may not always be the best representation of what a car can do, just sayin.
                        Doing less with more

Comment

• Originally posted by DETROITMUSCLE View Post
                          There are less informed people in every car following that may not always be the best representation of what a car can do, just sayin.
                          And I'm only making a prediction based on experience. If it was a one-time instance I wouldn't have made the claim. Mike's car was the high-end outlier of everything "bolt-on LS1" I have run into. I think his time slip supports that.
                          -Joel

Comment

• I don't disagree but remember mike's car wouldn't even make the top 50 Bolton car list. Just food for thought they are out there.
                            Doing less with more

Comment

• Originally posted by DETROITMUSCLE View Post
                              I don't disagree but remember mike's car wouldn't even make the top 50 Bolton car list. Just food for thought they are out there.
                              That list has no restraint on weight, so I've also seen stock LS1 turds that can't even turn over a set of street tires. They weren't all created equal it seems.

All im saying is his engine is either making some really power or he has some really trick weight redux. If he was making the same power with approximately the same weight as me he would have trapped less, not the same.

He isnt making 370, but i really really dont think 325 is any closer...

Sorry to hijack your thread Jerry
                              Last edited by JoeliusZ28; January 17th, 2012, 07:15 PM.
                              -Joel

Comment

That list has no restraint on weight, so I've also seen stock LS1 turds that can't even turn over a set of street tires. They weren't all created equal it seems.

All im saying is his engine is either making some really power or he has some really trick weight redux. If he was making the same power with approximately the same weight as me he would have trapped less, not the same.

He isnt making 370, but i really really dont think 325 is any closer...

Sorry to hijack your thread Jerry
                                Haha, it's John.

But not a problem.
                                sigpic

1996 Base Model
                                +2 cylinder mod

Comment

Working...
                                X