Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it hooking to one of the lower coils on the spring or is it fastened to the rocker stud? that might be just *barely* small enough to fit next to / underneath the booster.
    -Joel
    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Yes, the black arms on the sides have a lip/finger/hook at the bottom that catches one of the coils. The screw handle on the top presses down the silver "saddle", which with edges of it's own captures the spring and retainer side to side, pressing it down, freeing the locks.

I used this tool one time, back in my community college auto class days on a slant six head. Don't know that I've used it in the 33 years since.

Where do you live? Work? I live in Oxford, work in Auburn Hills. You're welcome to borrow it if you'd like to give it a try.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
        Yes, the black arms on the sides have a lip/finger/hook at the bottom that catches one of the coils. The screw handle on the top presses down the silver "saddle", which with edges of it's own captures the spring and retainer side to side, pressing it down, freeing the locks.

I used this tool one time, back in my community college auto class days on a slant six head. Don't know that I've used it in the 33 years since.

Where do you live? Work? I live in Oxford, work in Auburn Hills. You're welcome to borrow it if you'd like to give it a try.
        DynoDave Live in Utica and work in Auburn hills (at least until wednesday... starting a new job after that). Maybe we can meet tomorrow after work? I appreciate it!
        -Joel

Comment

• JoeliusZ28 Shoot. Sorry I missed your note. So you are in Auburn Hills until 10/17? If so, yes, let's meet for lunch. If not, we can work something else out. PM sent.
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

Comment

• Last day in A.H. Joel? I'll take the compressor with me to work today. Call or text my cell and we'll meet somewhere.
            DynoDave
            POCI # 72200

Comment

• So, since we were discussing the FiTech in my Camaro thread, got me wondering...how goes the progress with the K10?
              Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Zilch. I have not touched this thing since October. I was planning on having this all done before winter hit, but getting the new job sucked all the time out of my schedule. As soon as the blue one goes to the body shop for paint I'll be restarting this project. I plan to take this truck to the st ignace car show so end of June is my deadline.

The one thing I did do was find some proper hub-centric wheel spacers for the rear end. I can't even describe how much letter it looks now that the rear wheels aren't all stupidly tucked in.

-Joel

Comment

• -Joel

Comment

• Those wheel spacers are the legit kind - and that definitely looks real good there.

Damn on the other stuff, though.

Comment

• It is what it is. I don't think a month off of work would catch me up on everything I have on my list
                      -Joel

Comment

• Yeah, I know that feeling.

Well, if you ever need a hand, let me know - sometimes having someone else to help swear at a vehicle is a big help.
                        JoeliusZ28 likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MP81 View Post
                          Those wheel spacers are the legit kind - and that definitely looks real good there.
                          Those do look substantial.

JoeliusZ28 likes this.
                          DynoDave
                          POCI # 72200

Comment

• 31BCFCF8-1639-4A4E-B76A-D21AD66A9787.jpeg87EB4C81-15F1-43EA-85D1-4A7F73796733.jpegDC65AD0D-9B2C-4045-AB63-59447DAA9081.jpeg Quite regretfully, this project got put on hold for about 8 months while i got tied down with a career move and the 2002 project. The 2002 is waiting for paint at the body shop now so i Sunday afternoon i started working on this one again. I have a lofty goal of having it ready for a road trip at the end of the month, so gonna be some late nights in the garage the next week or two. The first thing i did was give it a good bath since it was covered in metal dust from all the body work i was doing on the other truck. Then l I ended up fabricating my own valve spring tool used it to finish the remainder of the valve seals. Also did a lot of cleanup in the engine bay and cleaned up the gasket surfaces. Should be on track to get the cam installed tonight.

-Joel

Comment

• Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

Comment

• Excellent. Looking forward to following along, and increasing my SBC knowledge.
                                DynoDave
                                POCI # 72200

Comment

Working...
                                X