Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The detailer finished their work with the Cordoba. I asked that they not waste time (and money) on polishing and waxing the car...just get it decontaminated and clean. It's the cleanest it's been since I bought it. I'm very happy with it.

51110602866_f119ae5a22_b.jpg

51110511548_1b38fa81e7_b.jpg

By mid-day today, I had the second of three rows of parts cleaned out, with all the things stacked on top of that 2x4 table cleaned off, as well as all the things under it. As you can see, that 3rd row is actually a couple of boxes/items deep.

51110517983_89e84c8510_b.jpg

By late afternoon, I had broken through to the wall.

51110358744_aabde4717a_b.jpg

And by 10pm, all the smaller boxes along the wall are gone. Only large items (gas tanks, hyd. strut compressor, NOS condenser, grease drum and dispenser, foot locker, and sheet-metal) remain to the right of that photo.

51110517998_8f8c6502cb_b.jpg

DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• A few T/A items revealed themselves too....the Edelbrock/QA1 strut tower brace...

51110352624_b0e8f72193_b.jpg

...and the freshly Jet Hot coated SLP stainless steel N10 (Dual cat) headers, "y" pipes, copper gaskets, air pump eliminator pulley, etc.

51110037382_0fe6759ce4_b.jpg

DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

Comment

• Man, that thing looks great! Maybe it's just the pictures, but that chrome looks extra shiny.

Shiny parts are always nice. Need to order some shiny parts here myself eventually...still no sale pricing on them, so I suppose waiting isn't doing me any good at this point...
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• My 8 year old cell phone photos (low resolution) don't do it justice. She really did a great job with it. I think I see the Suburban (newly brought back to life after 4 years of sitting) heading over there next!

Even though it needs a complete repaint, rust repairs, and some serious work on the passenger door and quarter, part of me wishes I had let her go ahead and polish and wax the thing.

And she did do an amazing job on that horrible old chrome.
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

Comment

• That's good that it's going the other way - looking even better in person. My IROC used to photograph really well, but in person the top half of the car wasn't all that shiny...but it sure as hell looked shiny in pictures!

Comment

• Reminds me of my old ‘Doba. Old lady I got it from scraped both sides getting out of her garage. Body was as solid as could be. Had a 360 but no other options. A stripper.
              When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• That's what happened to the passenger side of this one Don. My Grandmother scraped it on the garage door frame, creasing the passenger door, and flattening the right quarter above the wheel arch. Her one car garage was ideally sized for a Model A. Heck, while pushing it into the storage unit, I thought sure I was going to hit the right front corner on the doorway or side wall of the unit. Big damn car, non-running working a p/s box...I could not swing it very fast, which is what needed to happen.

I don't know the cars previous history, but evidence tells us that same quarter had been damaged and repaired once before (now crazed lacquer respray from the pinstripe down on the quarter only) and the front bumper perhaps (rubber filler behind the bumper has Formal Black Metallic paint flaking off in a few spots, revealing a blue metallic paint underneath). I don't know if this other damage occurred while my Grandmother owned it, or if this was damage from the previous owner, my great aunt (her sister), who bought the car when new.

No progress on the garage today. My son (who lives with us) got a text Sunday from a coworker that he has covid. My son went and got tested, but we won't have the results from the lab for 3-5 days. I contacted the remediation company and warned them as we'd been out in the garage all weekend, touching every box, surface, shipping container, etc. They elected to stay away until we have the test results. Same with the scheduled painter for the interior on Wednesday.
                Last edited by DynoDave; April 12th, 2021, 08:20 PM.
                DynoDave
                POCI # 72200

Comment

• Originally posted by farmington View Post
                  A stripper.
                  I'm not sure what her profession had to do with anything, or how you knew that.

Comment

• Trust me, a stripper wouldn’t own a stripper car

Comment

• Originally posted by farmington View Post
                      Trust me, a stripper wouldn’t own a stripper car
                      Know from experience?

Comment

• No, but I can imagine, can’t I?

Comment

• You sure can!

Comment

• Not a very productive week.

My son got a text from a co-worker that he (the co-worker) had covid. So my son went and got tested, but it was lab-type test, with 3-5 days to get results. I had to warn off the cleaning folks, and the painter for inside the house until we had results.

Work was super busy, and looks to be so for the next couple of weeks.

My son finally got the all-clear from his covid test, but the crews have to be rescheduled and have not returned.

I then got my second covid shot on Friday. While I did not have the kind of fatigue that I did the first time, I was a little lethargic yesterday, and only worked out there from 2-7. I did uncover a few nice Mopar parts, all of which seem to have survived OK.

My stack of forged Mirada wheels survived. Bought these 20 years ago. The clear coat is beginning to yellow very slightly, more from age I think. One has a touch of corrosion that crept around from the side where there is no clear, up under the edge of the machined/cleared surface. Could be used as-is, cleaned up at home, or professionally redone. We'll see.

51122891900_9e4b4de648_b.jpg".jpg

Some of this stuff I bought so long ago, and there are variations on parts over the years, I'm going to have to refresh my memory on. This is a narrow tank for a Cordoba (and other late B-bodies). Used on cars ordered with the H.P. 400 and dual exhaust (std. tank is wider and offset to the driver side, eliminating room for the factory tail pipe and resonator, where this narrow one looks very much like a 3rd gen. Charger piece, sits centered in the body with room for exhaust down either side of the tank). Not very many made, which makes the tanks pretty rare. And it's not reproduced. Got this one as part of a lot purchase up in Toronto, Canada in the early 2000s. Was a new tank, modified with a sump (on the bottom side) for drag racing. Not sure if I'll use it as-is, or have a tank shop patch it. Includes a sending unit.

51122098096_9a97072710_b.jpg

4 "Cordoba" hood seals, that go at the leading edge of the hood and seal to the core support. The '77 original is a very thin piece of rubber, and did not age well. My 38k mile car was missing it's seal, to give you an idea of how often they are missing. There is an original in that stack that I found on a Cordoba at Warhoops (salvage) back in '99. Sort of a miracle it survived. Still in good shape, semi soft/brittle. There's another thin one that is probably a '78/'79 part, which is just a subtly different design. Then there's the odd-ball, looks like that same '78/'79 design, but in a very different material...much thicker, and made of a very very soft, flexible material. There's a 4th one...but I don't know what it fits! A pair of Studebaker trim mouldings, and a new in the box bug shield for the Suburban that I didn't even know I had.

51121528292_1773be44d0_b.jpg

And another Mopar tank. As much as I have perfect recollection of who/when/where and why I bought that other one, I have no recall of where this one came from. Probably ebay, but it's a very different shape than the black one. Going to have to do some homework.

51122891890_c6e816e5ee_b.jpg

A 6-way manual seat base for the Charger, bought from a forum member (thanks Tom!).

51121528272_99c9370532_b.jpg

Once this tank is cleaned up and moved (along with all the other stuff) to the back garage, that end of the side wall is done. Cleaners will take care of the rest (because they are not car parts).

51122875414_9bfe226330_b.jpg

But I still have this corner to do. The good news is it's not all cars parts. But there are some in there, and many of them big body panels.

51123032313_4171251d5a_b.jpg

I'll be out there again today.
                            Last edited by DynoDave; April 18th, 2021, 09:06 AM.
                            DynoDave
                            POCI # 72200

Comment

• It's amazing what you can find when you're forced to clean out a garage. I know we found lots of interesting things when we almost totally cleared out my mom's garage a few falls back so my brother could park the Mustang in there year-round.

I actually just took my dad's old Craftsman toolbox upper and lower (that he used back in the 70s and 80s when he did car stereo) from there yesterday. The upper was stored inside as long as I've been alive, so it's in great shape. The bottom...that one will give you tetanus if you even look at it wrong. It's going to take some refinishing...but it's free, it's old and it was my dad's, so it'll be worth it.

...no idea where I'll put it, but once it's done it'll be able to go anywhere.

IMG_20210417_231403870 - Small.jpg

Comment

• In cleaning out my garage I found stuff I didn’t know I had and stuff I totally forgot about.

Comment

Working...
                                X