Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it out to a local cruise night. Went two weeks ago, and missed the opening cruise night by week...was too early. Wanted to try again last week for the real opening cruise, but had a conflict. This week wasn't too good...rainy/cloudy up to an hour or so before the cruise. They usually get a 100-200 cars, but had maybe 10% of that. Still had a good time though.

Sorry for the photos...was fighting a blazing sun low in the sky...lot of harsh shadows, and it really screwed with the camera in my old phone.

This one pulled in and parked next to me for a while. Caught my attention because it was so....quiet! I mean like V6 Chrysler 300 quite as it backed in. But you knew something was up by the graphics.

My daughter took this one of our car.

After the Cuda left, this guy with the 4th gen showed up. Some nice work fabricating that hood hinge.

When was the last time there was an air cooled Franklin at your local cruise night? I have to say this was a first for me. First time I've seen one outside of a museum.

DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• A few other nice cars there. A guy with a black Formula came through, but left again before I could speak with him.

This one pulled in while we were eating. 5300 miles, all original down to the Eagle VRs.

He said it's heading to auction in a month. I found it HERE

Some good photos if you want to see them.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

Comment

• Oh Hello Kitty!

Nice pics!
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Lake Orion Culvers?
          what night?
          When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• Definitely looks the LO Culver's - was just there last Sunday. One of my little brother's fraternity brothers (so, I suppose, my brother, haha, as I am an "old guy") was looking at an '08 SS/TC Cobalt (which he ended up buying on Friday - should be a damn quick car) so my brother asked if I wouldn't mind stopping by to check the car out as well, for obvious reasons, so we went to Culver's for lunch.

Saw the widebody Charger "concept" from Daytona running around a good few times.

Comment

• Yes, Culver's Lake Orion. Every Tuesday night. Officially starts at 4pm, but lots of folks show up earlier than that.

There was a weedy, pot hole filled dirt lot next to his that he used for daily driver parking during the cruise. This year it's been cleared, leveled and filled in with gravel. The owner really has made a good space for a cruise night.

Now we just need some cooperative weather.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

Comment

• Amen to better weather. Looks nicer starting on Tuesday.
                When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• It was actually busy enough last Sunday that both my brother and I had to park out in the gravel lot, so I'm glad that they did that.

And yes...I finally put full coverage back on the Camaro and Cobalt mid last week, so it would be nice if the weather shapes up...

Comment

• Third time's a charm. Weather was beautiful today, and the turnout for the cruise was great. All paved and gravel spots taken. The remaining spots on the grass were all gone before cars were done filing in.

A couple of other 3rd gens there, maybe four 4th gens.

DynoDave
                    POCI # 72200

Comment

• Attended the USMA / Golling Buick GMC kick-off cruise / car show. This is show 1 of 4 or 5 during the cruising season. Golling is a POCI (Pontiac Oakland Club International) Chapter 16 Michigan Widetracker supporter, and we always make an effort to have good club attendance at these shows. USMA shows are always a fun, smoothly run event.

I know this is not a great photo of the T/A, but with a six year old phone, and bright, direct sunlight from behind the car, I couldn't do much better. OK, the old guy could have taken his finger off the lens, but with the sun in my face, I could not see what was on the screen. It was strictly point and shoot.

That's my neighbor's '26 Pontiac next to me. And yes, the DJs Suburban and speakers on the other side. No wonder those spots were open! Fortunately our club had it's chairs set up at the end of the row, so I still have my hearing.

After overnight / early AM thunderstorms, the day turned out beautifully for a car show. National Anthem sung, Veterans honored, Youth Choir raised over $1500.00, trophies awarded, county sheriff blocking traffic for us to exit at the end of the show. Life is good.

DynoDave
                      POCI # 72200

Comment

• From Friday, 6/7/19...

I was supposed to be hitting the road in the morning, and was going to miss our POCI Chapter's Spring Dust-Off car show. So I really had not touched the car since the Golling car show.

A last minute change of plans, and I will be in town after all. So I did a bit of thrashing today to get ready. The paint still needs to be addressed before going to car shows, but it is what it is. I have purchased some items to work on the paint, and want to make sure I have it improved as much as I can by the T/A Nationals.

If I can't work on the exterior, I'll give the interior a good cleaning. Aside from some maintenance, I haven't really given the interior a thorough cleaning since I brought it home some 5 years ago. Seats, belts, mats and carpet all got a good cleaning. As usual with the camera and grey interior, it does not photograph well. And with the light manner in which I use it, it wasn't all that dirty. But it was a nice improvement.

The kids don't ride in the back that often...how dirty can those mats be?

Pedals and pads could use some love too.

Gas pedal cleaned. Pretty scuzzy....

Brake pedal and pads in carpet cleaned, both pedal pads coated with 303.

And that gap under the tail lights...getting awful dirty in there. Looks much better cleaned up.

She's all packed up and ready for the road in the morning!
                        DynoDave
                        POCI # 72200

Comment

• The show turned out to be very nice. Average attendance here is in the 120 ballpark, and that's where we landed yesterday too. A few years back, our Pontiac Oakland Club International (POCI) Chapter 16 Michigan Widetrackers joined forces with the Motor City Chapter, and with Sellers Buick GMC to create a Trifecta of shows (Or Tri-Power shows, as some of the Pontiac folks like to call them). You get a punch card when you attend the first. At the final show, if you have attended all three (three punches on your card) you are eligible for a drawing of prizes and gifts. Kind of a cool way to encourage some cross attendance from other shows in the area. This year, the show allowed Buicks and Oldsmobiles as well. This added a few more cars to the show field.

Cars are shown on grass, there are nice park/fair food services, meeting room for event check-in, bathrooms, and a large pole building for indoor swap space, as well as some outdoors. Beautiful old barns, lightly rolling ground, park full of trees around...just a very nice venue. The fact that the weather cooperated this year, clear, sunny and 76* with a light breeze...that made it perfect. Throw in some military vehicles on display, giveaways to show entrants, Chinese raffle, silent auction and a DJ not playing all 50s music, and a good time was had by those who sought it.

The ONLY downside was that I was the only one carrying the 3rd Gen banner. Surprising really, as we have several nice ones in the club. A few pictures...

DynoDave
                          POCI # 72200

Comment

• I loved this white Buick...super nice owner, and we spent quite a bit of time talking about the car. He and another attendee had a good suggestion to have the DJ announce some info. to clarify the voting. Wearing the club t-shirt, they looked to me to do something about it. I called our club treasurer who was running the show this year, and he totally agreed with the suggestion. Within 10 minutes we had an announcement going out over the P.A. I was proud to see our club so quick to respond to an issue, and open to suggestions. You don't always see that at shows.

Not claiming to be slightly ahead of my time, but my ex-employer used a lot of these for six foot high banners, and I always thought they would make a great show sign. Years later, that's just what folks are doing. They ain't cheap, but they are cool.

You don't see a lot of silver Judges. Had to have a picture of it.

I've also had a "hair-brained scheme" for a set of Judge eyebrow strips (not for the T/A), and these were, like the silver paint, not a color combo you see to often.

DynoDave
                            POCI # 72200

Comment

• I love these compact Pontiacs! Give me a mildly built 326, with that trans and independent axle in the back...sounds like fun!

When I was in H.S., a girl I worked with had a friend...Susan Yuskus...beautiful, beautiful brunette that I had a huge crush on...she drove one of these, this same green apple color, convertible with white top and interior. Man did she look fantastic behind the wheel! It was really fun seeing this car.

Love that V-shaped fin in the back.

The guy parked next to me had his son and his son's friend there too. They both had entered black 4th gen. Firebirds. H.S. age I would guess. Cool to see kids so young with Pontiacs, and attending the shows. They were very nice. The one young guy particularly surprised me by asking the DJ to play Trans Am by Sammy Hagar (which he did!). I was surprised the young guy even knew who Sammy was, but that he knew this particular early Hagar tune...brought a tear to my eye! IEATZ28!

The wife and I just saw Sammy and The Circle at Pine Knob a few weeks back. Great show.
                              DynoDave
                              POCI # 72200

Comment

• I also picked up a few items at the swapmeet. Found a RINKE Pontiac plate frame that I'd been looking for. And also found what I believe to be a steal on a modified throttle body. I've had one of these on my wish list as I've accumulated parts for an engine refresh, but the $300-$500 price tag was always a bit much to take. This one was $20, with milled off air horn around the thrat openings, throats bored out to 46mm with shaved throttle shaft and tiny button head screws. Should really help on the intake side. I was pretty excited to have it. The injectors, IAC and TPS may or may not be of value (I won't use the injectors, but they make make good cores if needed), but the injector pod and regulator are there, and worth something as well. Gives me a regulator to modify to be adjustable without touching my original.
                                DynoDave
                                POCI # 72200

Comment

Working...
                                X