Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made it out to a local cruise night. Went two weeks ago, and missed the opening cruise night by week...was too early. Wanted to try again last week for the real opening cruise, but had a conflict. This week wasn't too good...rainy/cloudy up to an hour or so before the cruise. They usually get a 100-200 cars, but had maybe 10% of that. Still had a good time though.

Sorry for the photos...was fighting a blazing sun low in the sky...lot of harsh shadows, and it really screwed with the camera in my old phone.

This one pulled in and parked next to me for a while. Caught my attention because it was so....quiet! I mean like V6 Chrysler 300 quite as it backed in. But you knew something was up by the graphics.

My daughter took this one of our car.

After the Cuda left, this guy with the 4th gen showed up. Some nice work fabricating that hood hinge.

When was the last time there was an air cooled Franklin at your local cruise night? I have to say this was a first for me. First time I've seen one outside of a museum.

DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• A few other nice cars there. A guy with a black Formula came through, but left again before I could speak with him.

This one pulled in while we were eating. 5300 miles, all original down to the Eagle VRs.

He said it's heading to auction in a month. I found it HERE

Some good photos if you want to see them.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

Comment

• Oh Hello Kitty!

Nice pics!
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Lake Orion Culvers?
          what night?
          When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• Definitely looks the LO Culver's - was just there last Sunday. One of my little brother's fraternity brothers (so, I suppose, my brother, haha, as I am an "old guy") was looking at an '08 SS/TC Cobalt (which he ended up buying on Friday - should be a damn quick car) so my brother asked if I wouldn't mind stopping by to check the car out as well, for obvious reasons, so we went to Culver's for lunch.

Saw the widebody Charger "concept" from Daytona running around a good few times.

Comment

• Yes, Culver's Lake Orion. Every Tuesday night. Officially starts at 4pm, but lots of folks show up earlier than that.

There was a weedy, pot hole filled dirt lot next to his that he used for daily driver parking during the cruise. This year it's been cleared, leveled and filled in with gravel. The owner really has made a good space for a cruise night.

Now we just need some cooperative weather.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

Comment

• Amen to better weather. Looks nicer starting on Tuesday.
                When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• It was actually busy enough last Sunday that both my brother and I had to park out in the gravel lot, so I'm glad that they did that.

And yes...I finally put full coverage back on the Camaro and Cobalt mid last week, so it would be nice if the weather shapes up...

Comment

• Third time's a charm. Weather was beautiful today, and the turnout for the cruise was great. All paved and gravel spots taken. The remaining spots on the grass were all gone before cars were done filing in.

A couple of other 3rd gens there, maybe four 4th gens.

DynoDave
                    POCI # 72200

Comment

Working...
                    X