X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIG SHAFE View Post
    Where on Woodward do you guys normally meet?
    Usually either ducati or the triangle where old woodward meets south of downtown birmingham.
    -Joel
    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Ok, thanks. I'll keep an eye out then.

I've seen lots of 5th gens, but only 1 or 2 4th gens when I've been out cruising on Woodward.
      1996 Camaro Z28 SS #2027

Comment

Oh, there are plenty of 4th gens around, but yes, 5th and 6th gens seem to be the most abundant these days. We usually seem to have a variety of cars at Ducati these days, depending on who comes out that night. I'm normally there, as is my brother. And since my Camaro still isn't finished, I normally bring my Cobalt (white, blacked out taillights, black 18s) and my brother has a black '01 Mustang GT.

This week will be interesting - my brother is keeping me up to date about whether or not they've done the logical thing and redo the right lane, which currently is orange-barreled off, before the weekend or if they're going to screw us, block us in, and cut up the road right in front of us on Friday.
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Ok, good. I've only seen 2-3 4th gens the few times I've cruised Woodward. This is my first year here as I moved up here last November. Looking forward to my first Woodward Cruise experience.

I'll be out of town this week, but maybe next week I'll join.
          1996 Camaro Z28 SS #2027

Comment

Yeah, we had two fourth gens there at Ducati last Friday night.

Woodward is a lot of fun - just keep an eye out for cops. They were out all night in Birmingham last weekend, and Royal Oak is always looking to give someone a ticket.

Comment

Ya, I've noticed. The last few weeks has had a lot of cops out. I'm too slow to race anyone anyways.
              1996 Camaro Z28 SS #2027

Comment

So was the newer Mustang 5.0 that (I'm assuming) was too busy trying to show off his (absolutely terrible sounding) exhaust system, and ran the orange light to do so, that he didn't see the cop literally driving behind him.

Those flashers went on mighty quick - I'm sure the 0.5 second delay was the officer wondering if the Mustang driver truly was that stupid, and then determining that yes, yes he was.

Comment

I saw they started handing out exhaust tickets in RO again.
                  -Joel

Comment

Did they forget that the law prohibits them from doing that?

Royal Oak can eat a dick. Can't wait to see how many people with stock exhausts get ticketed again, and they have to be told, yet again, by the state, that no, you cannot do this.

Comment

Theyre not including the misdemeanor this time. But yeah, i agree that should have absolutely nothing to do with it.
                      -Joel

Comment

Hope my brother doesn't get a ticket - the Pypes exhaust on his Mustang is pretty loud (sounds great, but is by no means quiet).

Comment

Well, once again, Michigan's fine summer weather pattern of beautiful weekdays, and rainy weekends will wash out Woodward...at least for me.
                          DynoDave
                          POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Yep...though the past month's worth of Fridays have been great for Woodward, so honestly a break (for me) isn't the worst thing.

Plus, I'm driving to Grand Rapids in the morning (2.5 hours) for part buyoffs at a supplier, hopefully only for a couple hours (but something that could easily turn into 4-5 hours), and then driving back home. I may not really want to do any more driving after that.

Comment

Great -- the first Friday night in weeks where I'm not working or fighting a cold, and it's going to be rained out!

Welp, maybe next week...

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

Yeah, gives me an excuse to get out into the garage and get that hatch motor wrapped up.
                                DynoDave
                                POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Working...
                                X