Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went by Normandy and Woodward again tonight, and this time the younger cruisers were back in the lot, even though it was after 9 PM. Maybe the police didn't think Sunday night would be popular at all? If I had to guess, most Sundays wouldn't be popular, but after being kept off the streets for Friday and Saturday nights, and most of the guys having to spend the day with family, probably made for an extra strong urge for a final dose of cruising. I really didn't see much on the street that was interesting except for one older NSX and a spit-shined R8 roadster.

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

It looks like - at least at this point in time - Friday should be dry and 70 (albeit cloudy - though that means it'll stay warmer when the sun goes down)...
      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

They're forecasting some rain at night on Friday, but I'll need to wait until Friday evening to really be able to tell when that might hit us - still planning to make the trip out there. Anyone else going to make it?

Comment

Dont think i will be out this friday I'm heading to nascarnate's place in lansing that evening to go dirt biking saturday.
          -Joel
          1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
          1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

The last forecast I saw said that the rain should be moving in here about 8 PM tonight.

Comment

Yeah, it looked to be moving faster than it was supposed to be...and from the SE...wtf...ugh.

Well, if that's the case: so much for that idea.

Comment

The scene will definirly be hotter after Memorial Day anyway, I'm sure. Maybe we can target the first Friday in June?

Comment

I think that'll be the planned "big monthlies", but also every Friday.

I'm going to be heading out soon. It looks like, from the radar, the majority of the stuff snuck under that area before heading up, and we might get lucky.

Brian is complaining that the 72 degree weather is cold, currently, so we'll see who all makes it out besides myself and my buddy with the yellow 1LE.

Comment

Damn. 83 down here in Ft Lauderdale
                    When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

That's just wrong. Rainy and 72 here,
                      DynoDave
                      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

It turned out to be a pretty nice night out Friday night, even if it was just my buddy and I sitting on the tailgate of his truck (a pretty clean '94 C1500 350 in itself). The construction is going to become an annoyance, I can already tell.

Some sketcho bothered us around 9, at first asking for money directly for liquor...then changing it to "food" when my buddy was going to not give him the $0.15 he had. Then talked at him for about 10 more minutes...We kept rather vigilant in case he tried something, but he didn't and eventually went on his merry drunken way "to Detroit"...but I'm hoping that was not something we'll see more of...And of course the cops, which were out all night, suddenly were missing for that time (not that he was doing anything illegal, but they'd probably have made him stop talking to us earlier).

Speaking of police, we saw the flashers at the lot south of us around 10ish, kicking those cars out. Just before then, we saw our buddy in the right lane (not easy to miss - he has an orange Gallardo), and told him to pull in. He pulled in, along with a C7 Z06 he was driving with...all for about two minutes, when we were next to "receive" the honor of being kicked out. I blame him, and his flashy car (a brown OBS truck and a white Cobalt are a little less glamorous).

Comment

88 and sunny on Friday...looks like another fine night for Woodwarding!

Comment

Originally posted by MP81 View Post
                            Speaking of police, we saw the flashers at the lot south of us around 10ish, kicking those cars out. Just before then, we saw our buddy in the right lane (not easy to miss - he has an orange Gallardo), and told him to pull in. He pulled in, along with a C7 Z06 he was driving with...all for about two minutes, when we were next to "receive" the honor of being kicked out. I blame him, and his flashy car (a brown OBS truck and a white Cobalt are a little less glamorous).
                            Thats really annoying that theyre pulling this crap now. They did that to some other people the night i was out there too.
                            -Joel

Comment

Yep. We talked to the owner of Ducati Detroit...he has literally no problem with us being there...so why does Birmingham PD?

Comment

I wonder if a permission slip would do any help. I THOUGHT THIS WAS AMERICA.
                                -Joel

Comment

Working...
                                X