Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that a seatbelt hanging out the side???

Car's looking good!
    sigpic
    If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

• Originally posted by formula218 View Post
      Is that a seatbelt hanging out the side???

Car's looking good!
      Yep, never had time to bolt the rear one in. Started wrapping it around the seat mount after I saw that
      1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

• Still trying tp sort out this ABS thing. I'm getting no communication to it through the OBD2 port with a capable scanner. I went through the official service manual diagnostic and it said to replace the ABS unit which I did and no change. Seems like I should double check all of the grounds even though my DMM said they were fine. Might be a clue that once the car warms up the coolant level light fades on even though the level is fine and I never had issues with it before.

I'm also getting someone who mentioned the fact I removed the steering wheel airbag can be related since it may cause issue with communication through the BCM to the ABS. According to them you can still read the PCM through the OBD2 port, but nothing that has to run through the BCM. Going to see if I can pick up a 2.2ohm resistor and give that a try as well.

sigpic

Comment

• What is wrong with the ABS system? Granted it was OBD1, not sure of that matters, but I removed the airbag in my 94 and it had no effect on the ABS.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Does not work and no communication, INOP light. Side brake lights don't work either but 3rd light does. Will still flash low Trac light on lockups

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by landstuhltaylor View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63052[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]63053[/ATTACH]
              Looks like you picked something up
              2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew
              SVT Beadlock Wheels
              Roush Intake, Corsa Exhaust
              20" and 40" Light Bars

2000 Camaro Z28
              Stripped Down Drag Car Build

Project 1999 Camaro Z28

2009 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic-SHEGONE
              Crate LS3, LS9 Cam, LSA Supercharger, Metco Solid Isolator
              RotoFab Intake, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan
              ZL1 HX, ZL1 Fuel Pump, CTS-V Lid, LSA Injectors
              Pat G - 93 Octane Tune
              Kooks 1-7/8" Longtubes, High Flow Cats, X Pipe, Solo AxleBacks
              CTS-V Calipers, Brembo Pads
              H&R Lowering Springs, Whiteline Bushings, FE3 Struts/Shocks, Camaro 20" Wheels
              HIDs, LED Conversion, Atari Gauges, Tint, Roof Carbon Fiber Wrapped, Innovative Wideband

2.55 Lingenfelter Pulley and Injectors waiting to go on!
              sigpic

Comment

• Sure all your fuses are good? There's a few of them for the ABS iirc

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Checked all of that

sigpic

Comment

• Does anyone know where exactly the left front shock tower ground runs to? I don't have that ground on my car so I need to know where that wire should be coming from and then find a place to ground it if it isn't already.

sigpic

Comment

• 1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

• So as a follow up to that, I just ordered a new shock package today. It was pretty clear the Koni setup wasn't cutting it and I need something that handles bumps much better with the sites I run on. In the end I settled on a set of Penske 7500 double adjustables in the front and 8300 doubles with remote reservoirs in the rear. I would have liked to run the 7500 all around as they are cheaper, but they stack the reservior inline with the rest of the shock body and thus won't fit in the short stroke area of the rear suspension. As it is I am having to use a shorter than standard shaft in the front 7500s to make them work for my application. Reason for that is I am running a bolt-in Ridetech upper shock mount that takes away a bit of room for the shock. While the whole thing isn't cheap, even with the custom build, valving, and mounting equipment they are going to be cheaper than what they are advertised for on the Penske site. Should be a major increase in damping capability as well as a ~20lb weight savings.

I'm also switching from my already high spring rates of 800/400 to the new rates of 1200/550.

sigpic

Comment

• Wow, I never thought anyone would need that high of spring rate. Your rear spring rate is almost equal to my front

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
                          1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
                          1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

• Yup lol. Everyone I've talked to has said their testing showed the cars got faster with more spring but they did have a narrower optimum performance envelope. It seems the limit of too much doesnt come in until you get to a 1400lb front spring. For the rear the idea there is to have the spring provide a lot of the roll control. This allows you to run a softer sway bar which should allow the diff to work better.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by landstuhltaylor; June 4th, 2016, 05:21 AM.

sigpic

Comment

• Looks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better on the CCWs. Still getting some rubbing on the inside rear

GetImage (1).jpgGetImage (4).jpgGetImage (6).jpg

sigpic

Comment

• Car look sick at the M&G! My rears rub on the inside too, i hammered them but it still rubs. I bit the bullet and ordered another set of spacers.
                                sigpic
                                If you come across a cobra in the wild, wipe it off and apologize.

Comment

Working...
                                X