X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Project] Brians 91 Z28 projects thread

Whats up guys? This thread will be pretty slow moving at times but should be fun talking to you guys about all of the progress and problems we run into. For the time being this car is only a cruiser (305 TBI), but I have intentions of turning it into a fairly stout street car in time. As for the projects we will be doing in the near future, I'm planning on doing ttop seals, a headliner and having my seats redone. After that, the rear end will be coming apart for a fresh posi unit, and the transmission will be coming out for a rebuild. I bought my ttop seals, headliner and seat covers today, and have been gathering stuff over the winter. I'll attach some pictures of the car as it sits and any progress made in the next few months.
    I bought the car back in March of 2012. It was the most original and untouched 91-92 that I could find. Since last March I have done inch and a half lowering springs, shocks, struts and alignment. Axle seals in the stock 10 bolt and a 373 gear. I had no intentions of dumping the money into the stock rear end. The more we took it apart the more problems we found. By time I replaced all of the seals and bearings I was $300 in so I figured a 373 would wake the car up a bit. For being more than 20 years old it is a pretty reliable summer driver.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

looking killer bro!
    '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
    ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

Thanks Greg! Hopefully I can get the interior straightened around this summer and start looking for a motor in the fall.
      sigpic

Comment

darrens old irocs i presume?
        91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
        85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
        00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
        97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Originally posted by TylerT/AZ28 View Post
          darrens old irocs i presume?
          yes

looks great man!

Comment

Hopefully we can both have our cars out at the same time this year. How is yours coming?
            sigpic

Comment

Another Camaro owner name Brian! WTF!?

looks good! I am leaning towards keeping my 305 in my 92 as well.

Comment

I always liked that color on 3rd gens.

Where in Novi are you located? I'm at Grand River and Drake in Farmington Hills. If you want a hand wrenching sometime, feel free to shoot me a PM

1996 Camaro Z28 cam, heads, stall, and a few other goodies
                Alumni Member, MSU Racing Club
                THREE-PEAT MiFbody Meet & Greet "Longest Hauler Award" 2010, 2011, 2012
                Originally posted by JasonH
                It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

Right Brian.. We should just start assuming every Camaro owner is blessed with such a cool name. Peter I'm right in the north east corner of Novi. Right next to walled Lake. All the work will be getting done in Fowlerville at my Dads house. He's a tech at Jaguar in Novi and has been wrenching for years. I will never have to buy any tools, he has them all.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alone_and_insane View Post
                    I always liked that color on 3rd gens.

Where in Novi are you located? I'm at Grand River and Drake in Farmington Hills. If you want a hand wrenching sometime, feel free to shoot me a PM

good luck, I live 3.6 mins from him and he still hasnt swung by my place yet
                    '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

Comment

Too funny Greg! I will make it by your way one of these days. Just waiting for the weather to break so I can bring my car out. Hows yours coming? Any progress?
                      sigpic

Comment

haha, im ordering parts here and paint in about 2 months...some of the engine stuff and AC delete box powder coated not too long ago.

Comment

Sweet man! Are there pics of the progress in your thread? What color are you going with?
                          sigpic

Comment

i cant remember if i posted in there or not, as of right now Im still at white, however it could change since Im going to throw some tri color paint jobs on the photoshop soon.

Comment

Personally white is my favorite color on third gens. I tried to find a white one for a long time that was clean. No luck, everyone wanted big money for junk. One day I will own a white one though. Get some pictures up. Spring fever will be hitting everyone here soon. I'm just ready for the salt to be gone. Any chance of yours being out this summer?
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X