Welcome to the Michigan FBody Association website.
The Michigan FBody Association is a centralized website for FBody enthusiasts to discuss what's going on in the Michigan area. MiFbody.com was created to allow for an easy one-stop place to find out what's going on in Michigan as far as FBody events, to find out what clubs are available in your immediate area, and for an easy place to post classifieds for items you want to sell! Our goal was to create a more close-knit community of FBody enthusiasts in the state of Michigan, and to bring Camaro and Firebird enthusiasts alike together for some amazing FBody events!
The most important thing to know about the Michigan FBody Association is that we are NOT a club! The Michigan FBody Association is open to everyone, and is a community. Thus, we will have get togethers, casual cruises, events, and such like that, but this is not an exclusive club and it's 100% free to join this site! So what are you waiting for? Register now!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us!
Dave Kindig posing for a photo. Dennis Gage was here (who did two episodes of My Classic Car from this show in the past). Tim Dye (Pontiac Transportation Museum, Pontiac Oakland Museum and Resource Center, POCI Smoke Signals past editor/publisher, 2026 POCI convention Chair/Lead) was also in attendance, and stopped to visit with us for a while.
Also discovered a fun oldies station while in town. Sadly, Detroit does not have any broadcast oldies radio stations anymore. So it was fun hearing some of these tunes, in same cases, for the first time in many, many years. You can stream them online from their website. https://pureoldies1075.com/
Like a lot of multi-day (Saturday-Sunday) shows, Saturday is the big day. Sunday turnout is lighter. Our plan for Sunday was to run the Mother Road Festival 5K in the early morning, shower, and head to another car show in Beardstown. Sadly, the weather did not cooperate, with rain in Beardstown. So we ran into town, ran our race, and spent the rest of the time shopping (I love the Prairie Archive book store...currently reading a book from 1912). Still lots of cars, enough for a small town car show or cruise night. Having missed soo much on Saturday, it was nice to see more of them and at a more leisurely pace. Well worth seeing. We had a nice afternoon relaxing before dinner with family.
Here we are arriving early, and I was able to get a spot in front of the old Ferguson building. I worked in the first floor store in my youth, so it was fun to park there, though not so fun to see it's current condition. Turned my stomach seeing what they had done to the first floor...chopped up, stairs boarded over, beautiful ornate high ceilings with galvanized HVAC duct straps drilled into it. The soul food restaurant failed of course. I don't even want to think what they had to hack up to create a kitchen. I hope someone does something good with it.
There used to be a great wall sized photo of the place when it was Coe's book store...I wonder if it's still down there in the basement. Ate many a lunch in the break room looking at that photo.
Same owner for 50 or so years I'd say...we've known him since our youth.
Photo shoot Sunday on the mall in front of the old State Capital. Not sure who it's for (magazine, car show, or ???).
The end.
I have a conflict with the date of this years Fall Color Tour for our club, so this will likely be the last formal event that I attend this year with the car.
Wow, lots of great pictures there! The fact that 2nd gen T/A is the car you always talk about (I tell the same stories at my wife all the time, so I totally get ya there!) is super awesome!
So if Kindig was there, did they bring a car?
Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z
Comment