Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My new 1988 T/A

Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts




















  • DynoDave
    POCI # 72200



    1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

    Comment




    • 1957 Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider









      First gen, last gen.









      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200



      1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

      Comment


      • Another 2026 POCI convention attendee.


















        Dave Kindig posing for a photo. Dennis Gage was here (who did two episodes of My Classic Car from this show in the past). Tim Dye (Pontiac Transportation Museum, Pontiac Oakland Museum and Resource Center, POCI Smoke Signals past editor/publisher, 2026 POCI convention Chair/Lead) was also in attendance, and stopped to visit with us for a while.


        DynoDave
        POCI # 72200



        1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

        Comment


        • OK, let's wrap these up.....photos of just a few of the 1500 cars at this event.

          Back of the custom Dave Kindig was photographed by (not a Kindig build).





















          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200



          1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

          Comment




















          • DynoDave
            POCI # 72200



            1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

            Comment


            • Also discovered a fun oldies station while in town. Sadly, Detroit does not have any broadcast oldies radio stations anymore. So it was fun hearing some of these tunes, in same cases, for the first time in many, many years. You can stream them online from their website. https://pureoldies1075.com/



















              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200



              1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

              Comment









              • Like a lot of multi-day (Saturday-Sunday) shows, Saturday is the big day. Sunday turnout is lighter. Our plan for Sunday was to run the Mother Road Festival 5K in the early morning, shower, and head to another car show in Beardstown. Sadly, the weather did not cooperate, with rain in Beardstown. So we ran into town, ran our race, and spent the rest of the time shopping (I love the Prairie Archive book store...currently reading a book from 1912). Still lots of cars, enough for a small town car show or cruise night. Having missed soo much on Saturday, it was nice to see more of them and at a more leisurely pace. Well worth seeing. We had a nice afternoon relaxing before dinner with family.

                Here we are arriving early, and I was able to get a spot in front of the old Ferguson building. I worked in the first floor store in my youth, so it was fun to park there, though not so fun to see it's current condition. Turned my stomach seeing what they had done to the first floor...chopped up, stairs boarded over, beautiful ornate high ceilings with galvanized HVAC duct straps drilled into it. The soul food restaurant failed of course. I don't even want to think what they had to hack up to create a kitchen. I hope someone does something good with it.

                There used to be a great wall sized photo of the place when it was Coe's book store...I wonder if it's still down there in the basement. Ate many a lunch in the break room looking at that photo.





                Same owner for 50 or so years I'd say...we've known him since our youth.



                A nice rainbow over the old Capital building.









                DynoDave
                POCI # 72200



                1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

                Comment


                • Photo shoot Sunday on the mall in front of the old State Capital. Not sure who it's for (magazine, car show, or ???).









                  The end.

                  I have a conflict with the date of this years Fall Color Tour for our club, so this will likely be the last formal event that I attend this year with the car.
                  DynoDave
                  POCI # 72200



                  1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

                  Comment


                  • Wow, lots of great pictures there! The fact that 2nd gen T/A is the car you always talk about (I tell the same stories at my wife all the time, so I totally get ya there!) is super awesome!

                    So if Kindig was there, did they bring a car?
                    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

                    "You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X