Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've used those as well - Summit Racing is on eBay, as are almost all of their items. I also use ebates, when they have cash back on the automotive category, so that can add even more discounts.

And, the order links right back to my Summit account automatically too!
    Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

• Look what showed up yesterday!

It's like getting a second Christmas haha

1996 Camaro Z28 cam, heads, stall, and a few other goodies
      Alumni Member, MSU Racing Club
      THREE-PEAT MiFbody Meet & Greet "Longest Hauler Award" 2010, 2011, 2012
      Originally posted by JasonH
      It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

• Man, they really shoved her in a small box.

alone_and_insane likes this.

Comment

• nice - looking forward to installed pics
          -Joel
          1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
          1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Wow a hooker with a tight box. Pretty freakin rare.
            MP81 likes this.
            When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• Originally posted by farmington View Post
              I watch for the eBay emails announcing the one day discounts. They are 10,15, or 20%. The headers and midpipe I want are $480. Waiting for a 20% coupon.
              It's very hard to imagine, with ALL OF THE SPAM and other crap that ends up in my email, that I DON'T get emails from ebay. I've only been a member for 20+ years with 5-00+ purchases.

Hooker Vs. hooker...a small capitalization difference, but a huge difference in what you want to find sitting on your front porch when you get home.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

• Just bought a catch can on eBay with a 15% off coupon. I watch a lot of stuff that I want and it seems about once a month I get a coupon in an email. Some are only good for certain stuff. When the coupons come out it?s around 10am and they are usually good till 9pm.
                When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

• Thanks for making me think about this Don.

Turns out, anti-social curmudgeon that I am, I had email turned off under my ebay preferences. I should start getting those now (I hope).
                  DynoDave
                  POCI # 72200

Comment

• Finally got the motivation to actually start doing something with this. Before you can go in with the new, you gotta go out with the old!

Finally cut out the janky old exhaust system. Figured I could cut out the x-pipe and muffler and try to sell them for cheap, and scrap the rest. Next step is to install the new headers. Once those are in, I'm taking it to an exhaust shop in Westland to have the Hooker Blackheart system installed.

It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

• Some of those bends are...yeah...

Comment

• Like the concept of what they were trying to do, but yes, some of the bends and the angle of approach/weld into the muffler seem a little suspect.
                        DynoDave
                        POCI # 72200

Comment

• Yeah, I think the shop that did the work (back in Wisconsin) wasn't accustomed to doing anything more complicated than straight pipes on pickup trucks. Believe it or not, it used to be worse. It originally didn't have the X-pipe (I had them install that later), and the tips hung about 4" too low and 2" too far out, and there was a spot where instead of doing a 90* turn, they basically took two pieces cut at 45* angles and welded them together. Also, a number of the welds have char marks where you could tell the exhaust leaked. It's also super pancaked on the driver's side (like 2" tall) to clear the floor of the car. And it was all welded, so basically impossible to take apart if needed. But I was 20 at the time and didn't know enough/was too timid to call them out on their crap-tacular build quality, plus I no longer really lived in the state more than a few weeks out of the year, so I was kinda stuck with it. The Hooker Blackheart system is actually pretty similar to this, only not garbage.

DynoDave likes this.

Comment

• I know that setup is designed to work with mid length headers, but i wonder if you couldnt hack a little bit off the front and connect it to LTs.
                            -Joel
                            1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
                            1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

• Yeah, the Blackheart is one sexy mother

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
                                I know that setup is designed to work with mid length headers, but i wonder if you couldnt hack a little bit off the front and connect it to LTs.
                                Yeah, I'm sure that won't be much of an issue to make it work with my longtubes. That's why I'm taking it to an exhaust shop to have it installed.

Comment

Working...
                                X