Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did ride a 2008 gsxr 600 all black, took off the 08 exhaust and ran with the shorty 07 style, tinted double bubble windscreen, 10k headlight
    '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
    ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

Nice, I like the all black.
      This is one of my bikes, I should say my street bike. I have a road race bike, and a dirt bike also.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Speedfreak391; July 6th, 2012, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Nice I like that color combo too, I thought about getting a busa, but the 600 was plenty and an around bike for what I did.

You should buy this off of me :
        http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...ght=gsxr+clock
        '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

Comment

Will you take $250 for it? And meet main lansing? If so I will buy that off you.

Comment

Pm sent, let me know

Comment

Well, I had my hot side almost finished. It was to the point where the merge pipes needed to be joined and welded to the flange. My brother and I spent 6 1/2 hours last night building the bends, cutting them, blending them, and fitting them to the flange perfectly. All that needed to be done was tig em together. I guess the moral of this story is, don't second guess yourself. I was told one of the guys that works for us was a great tig welder. When I asked him what he knew about tig welding his exact words were "Everything!" Long story short it looks like I am ordering a couple hundred more bucks worth of stainless tubing, a new T4 flange and a couple of v-bands, and starting over. I am really wondering why I didn't just go NA with a boat load of spray.

Comment

I ponder that same thing all the time! Freakin' turbo builds are a headache!
                -08 G8 GT DD: Rotofab CAI, HID's, Breyton Race GTS'
                -86 Iroc Project: LQ4, Th400, S400, Ford 9"

Comment

this is why I decided togo NA instead of turbo on my 5.3 build too.

Comment

I am going to try and salvage what I can of the hot side. I will need to cut the flange off and weld in a new one that should be here today. But then I think I might be able to cut one tube and re-fit to the v-band. So that is where I am at. But, on a positive side I did get my fuel tank all squared away with the correct sending unit for the stock gauges to work, and I got my rear brakes all hooked up last nite. Drums for now, but I have the new disc's in the box, just have to fab up some brakets for the calipers. Speaking of that I need new lines for the fronts, I think I will be calling Kore3 today. Oh, yeah I almost forgot. I think I might be picking up a 2000 SS this weekend for a DD. Looks nice from what I have seen, won't know until I see it in person. So, It looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I hope everything goes according to plan.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedfreak391 View Post
                      I am going to try and salvage what I can of the hot side. I will need to cut the flange off and weld in a new one that should be here today. But then I think I might be able to cut one tube and re-fit to the v-band. So that is where I am at. But, on a positive side I did get my fuel tank all squared away with the correct sending unit for the stock gauges to work, and I got my rear brakes all hooked up last nite. Drums for now, but I have the new disc's in the box, just have to fab up some brakets for the calipers. Speaking of that I need new lines for the fronts, I think I will be calling Kore3 today. Oh, yeah I almost forgot. I think I might be picking up a 2000 SS this weekend for a DD. Looks nice from what I have seen, won't know until I see it in person. So, It looks like I have a busy weekend ahead of me. I hope everything goes according to plan.
                      just call inline tube, great pricing and all kinds of products inlinetube.com

Comment

Well I am in a better mood now than I was this morning. I was able to salvage my merge pipes, But I did have to cut off the flange. I will be wleding that up tomorrow morning since I am headed out to the ADRL races at 131 in a little bit. I just hope the exhuast goes better than the hot side did. Here are some pic.s of what has been taking so long.
                        Attached Files

Comment

And yes, I do believe this build should have been sponsored by Bud Light.

Comment

Looking good, keep up the forward progress

Comment

+1 for inline tube!
                              2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

i live no more than 20 minutes from them and they had my parts specially bent within a day
                                91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
                                85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
                                00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
                                97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Working...
                                X