X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Meet & Greet Pictures

If you didn't make it out to the Meet & Greet, you missed a good one. Beautiful day, 344 cars was the last count I heard. Had a great time. I spent so much time talking to folks, I didn't take but a handful of photos. I hope someone else who was there has more.

And a big Thank You! to Brian, his folks, the sponsors, and anyone else who chipped in effort or cash to help make this event happen. While I got to sit and talk to some great people, enjoy some beautiful cars, snack on a nice lunch...Brian sat at the tent all day working. This event would not happen without his dedication and hard work.
    20170610_105411_zpszpkmxaue.jpg
    20170610_105346_zpscg2nsqml.jpg
    20170610_105407_zps5qn46asj.jpg
    20170610_130100_zpspjakl5j0.jpg
    20170610_130101_zpskxya1vry.jpg
    20170610_130103_zpsvszqs2dg.jpg
    20170610_130213_zpsxicbyyjm.jpg
    20170610_130221_zps5ohzqcuj.jpg
    20170610_103552_zpsez9nb8uh.jpg
    Last edited by DynoDave; June 11th, 2017, 10:00 AM.
    meissen and MP81 like this.
    DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Thanks Dave! It took me 3 hours to be able to get out of the tent to go to the bathroom That 40oz of red bull really wanted out!
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2012 Camaro 2SS/RS - "Zooma"
    Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2020
    June 6th, 2020 - 8am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

They didn't have the building open when I got there at 9 anyway, so it may not have done much good at the onset anyway.
      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

hahaha yeah... I was good until the afternoon. I enjoy the hell out of being in the tent and getting to socialize with everyone as they check-in, but in hindsight it does kinda suck not being able to walk around and see the cars. I had no clue how deep we were in the grass. Someone said we were to the tree line so I thought he meant the WHOLE grass field
        - Brian Meissen
        Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

I had to go as soon as I got there at 9AM (because coffee), and found it to be locked.

Yeah - I have to say it may be one of the biggest I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by meissen View Post
            I had no clue how deep we were in the grass. Someone said we were to the tree line so I thought he meant the WHOLE grass field
            Well, there were cars all the way to the back, but only 8 or 10. Still lots of room. And the "rows" were pretty loosely organized, So if the show continues to grow, we may have to think about some chalk lines, cones, ropes, or some sot of organization to it.

So, you told me 344 at last count. Is that pretty much the final number? What IS the attendance record for MIFBM&G?

DynoDave
            POCI # 72200

Comment

What a great event so glad we made the trip. Super facility to host this event. We will be back next year!

Comment

Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
                we may have to think about some chalk lines, cones, ropes, or some sot of organization to it.
                Some people had trouble parking within the lines in the parking lot, so I'm not sure it'd help or not.

Comment

If you don't mind me piggy-backing this thread, here's a link to my album from Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/peter.j.sch...=3&uploaded=98

1996 Camaro Z28 cam, heads, stall, and a few other goodies
                  Alumni Member, MSU Racing Club
                  THREE-PEAT MiFbody Meet & Greet "Longest Hauler Award" 2010, 2011, 2012
                  Originally posted by JasonH
                  It's amazing what you can get done when you throw copious amounts of money at something.

Comment

Well, there were cars all the way to the back, but only 8 or 10. Still lots of room. And the "rows" were pretty loosely organized, So if the show continues to grow, we may have to think about some chalk lines, cones, ropes, or some sot of organization to it.

So, you told me 344 at last count. Is that pretty much the final number? What IS the attendance record for MIFBM&G?
                    We were at registration 344 but that was with pre-registrations ending at 265-ish and no registration slips until starting day-of registrations at number 300.

I would say conservatively 250 cars - maybe more - were there on Saturday.

No clue on our actual record - maybe 300. it's so hard to get an accurate count because people don't check in.
                    - Brian Meissen
                    Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Oops. I took that 344 a little too literally! LOL Been posting that number a few places. I will clarify that number if asked.

Originally posted by alone_and_insane View Post
                      If you don't mind me piggy-backing this thread, here's a link to my album from Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/peter.j.sch...=3&uploaded=98
                      Is it just me, or is this link not working?

DynoDave
                      POCI # 72200

Comment

I wish there was a way to record all vehicles that pull in, one way or another, but that would probably cause a traffic issue.

Comment

Oops. I took that 344 a little too literally! LOL Been posting that number a few places. I will clarify that number if asked.

Is it just me, or is this link not working?
                          Probably have to be his FB friend for it to work, maybe?

Kyle - yeah agreed. Short of stopping everyone as they come in through the main drag there's no real good way to do it.

- Brian Meissen
                          Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

IMG_1937.JPGIMG_1962.JPGIMG_1087.JPG Oooo. My first car show ever and I made it into the first picture. Back row, the '78 Marty Blue W72. My only lament is that with a survivor car that's all original (and <15,000 documented miles to boot), it's virtually impossible for me to win any awards since my car is neither a concours restoration, nor a blinged-out resto. Shame there are more shows and judging for all original cars.

Comment

Hey Keith -- gorgeous car! Sorry to hear about how judging went. Do you have a showboard by chance that brags about it being all original and the details about the car? Maybe that'd help catch the judges attention?
                              - Brian Meissen
                              Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Working...
                              X