Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alone_and_insane
    replied
    DynoDave , the album is set to public, so it should work.

Leave a comment:

• DynoDave
    replied
    Welcome aboard Keith. Beautiful T/A you have. I'm sort of in the same boat, but my car is not as nice as yours anyway. So I paid for judging as a charity donation, and let it go at that. But for me, the best part of the day was the people.

I must say, I had a very nice time speaking with Tim (the white/blue '82 Z28 parked next to me). Very interesting fellow...original owner Z28, Firestone/Bridgestone employee, International Motorsports Hall of Fame Board Member...lots of great stories.

Got to visit a few minutes with Don who parked a few cars down from me.

I spend some time checking out Curt's car, and he stopped by to see mine. We talked about some paint work for the T/A for the spoiler and ground effects, maybe some of Lon's (TDS) door hinge kits.

Spent a few minutes talking to an older gentlemen (and it's getting harder and harder to find people to talk to who are older than me) at the end of our row with a white 1st gen Camaro, young man with a copper (?) colored GTA parked across from me, gentlemen with a red IROC parked behind me, guy with the purple Formula next to me, the guy with the yellow 5th gen. on the of the row in that first photo...loved the detailed wheels, talked about how he did that, the challenge of keeping a driver super clean, showing a 6 cyl. car, etc., the guy with the red 4th gen. in my next to last photo...didn't know how rare those cars were or why. Also had a nice lady and her husband stop to talk 3rd gen. driveability issues (her car / their car won a trophy at the end of the day), and another gentlemen I spent quite a bit of time speaking with who was the line supervisor at ASC for some years, turning 3rd gens into convertibles. Very interesting stories and details, and I TOTALLY screwed up by not getting his name and number, in case there were forum questions about those cars in the future. Spent a few moments chatting with Brian and his folks, and countless others. Lots of great PEOPLE at this event.

Leave a comment:

• meissen
    replied
    Hey Keith -- gorgeous car! Sorry to hear about how judging went. Do you have a showboard by chance that brags about it being all original and the details about the car? Maybe that'd help catch the judges attention?

Leave a comment:

• My78MartyBlue
    replied
    IMG_1937.JPGIMG_1962.JPGIMG_1087.JPG Oooo. My first car show ever and I made it into the first picture. Back row, the '78 Marty Blue W72. My only lament is that with a survivor car that's all original (and <15,000 documented miles to boot), it's virtually impossible for me to win any awards since my car is neither a concours restoration, nor a blinged-out resto. Shame there are more shows and judging for all original cars.

Leave a comment:

• meissen
    replied
    Originally posted by DynoDave View Post
    Oops. I took that 344 a little too literally! LOL Been posting that number a few places. I will clarify that number if asked.

Is it just me, or is this link not working?
    Probably have to be his FB friend for it to work, maybe?

Kyle - yeah agreed. Short of stopping everyone as they come in through the main drag there's no real good way to do it.

Leave a comment:

• MP81
    replied
    I wish there was a way to record all vehicles that pull in, one way or another, but that would probably cause a traffic issue.

Leave a comment:

• DynoDave
    replied
    Oops. I took that 344 a little too literally! LOL Been posting that number a few places. I will clarify that number if asked.

Originally posted by alone_and_insane View Post
    If you don't mind me piggy-backing this thread, here's a link to my album from Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/peter.j.sch...=3&uploaded=98
    Is it just me, or is this link not working?

Leave a comment:

• meissen
    replied

Well, there were cars all the way to the back, but only 8 or 10. Still lots of room. And the "rows" were pretty loosely organized, So if the show continues to grow, we may have to think about some chalk lines, cones, ropes, or some sot of organization to it.

So, you told me 344 at last count. Is that pretty much the final number? What IS the attendance record for MIFBM&G?
    We were at registration 344 but that was with pre-registrations ending at 265-ish and no registration slips until starting day-of registrations at number 300.

I would say conservatively 250 cars - maybe more - were there on Saturday.

No clue on our actual record - maybe 300. it's so hard to get an accurate count because people don't check in.

Leave a comment:

• alone_and_insane
    replied
    If you don't mind me piggy-backing this thread, here's a link to my album from Saturday: https://www.facebook.com/peter.j.sch...=3&uploaded=98

Leave a comment:

• MP81
    replied
    we may have to think about some chalk lines, cones, ropes, or some sot of organization to it.
    Some people had trouble parking within the lines in the parking lot, so I'm not sure it'd help or not.

Leave a comment:

• 1973FORMULA455CDN
    replied
    What a great event so glad we made the trip. Super facility to host this event. We will be back next year!

Leave a comment:

• DynoDave
    replied
    Originally posted by meissen View Post
    I had no clue how deep we were in the grass. Someone said we were to the tree line so I thought he meant the WHOLE grass field
    Well, there were cars all the way to the back, but only 8 or 10. Still lots of room. And the "rows" were pretty loosely organized, So if the show continues to grow, we may have to think about some chalk lines, cones, ropes, or some sot of organization to it.

So, you told me 344 at last count. Is that pretty much the final number? What IS the attendance record for MIFBM&G?

Leave a comment:

• MP81
    replied
    I had to go as soon as I got there at 9AM (because coffee), and found it to be locked.

Yeah - I have to say it may be one of the biggest I remember.

Leave a comment:

• meissen
    replied
    hahaha yeah... I was good until the afternoon. I enjoy the hell out of being in the tent and getting to socialize with everyone as they check-in, but in hindsight it does kinda suck not being able to walk around and see the cars. I had no clue how deep we were in the grass. Someone said we were to the tree line so I thought he meant the WHOLE grass field

Leave a comment:

• MP81
    replied
    They didn't have the building open when I got there at 9 anyway, so it may not have done much good at the onset anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X