X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buyer beware - Gregs_gsxr!

I'd like to share my story about my dealings with Mifbody member Gregs_gsxr.

Here is a link to the original thread:
    http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...154#post861154

I contacted Greg about an LS2 block and set of new 243 casting LS6 heads he had listed for sale.

We made a deal, I paid him with Paypal and I arranged to have a friend pick them up as he worked 10 minutes from Greg’s location. Greg gave me his friend’s number and said his friend would meet up with my buddy to make the exchange. Everything went smoothly and I met up with my friend that night. The block and heads were all in individual black plastic bags. I put everything in the back of my truck and took them to work on Monday.

I got to work Monday and took the heads out of the bags and was enraged to see that both heads were damaged on the deck surface when they were advertised as new.

I contacted Greg and sent him the above pictures. His response was "I looked at these before I even posted the ad for my buddy, they never looked like that, if there was a problem at delivery, it should have came up then"
    In which I said that “because neither 1 of us where there when the exchange was made. I just pulled them out of the bags today when I got to work”

When I asked him for compensation to get the heads decked his response was "Mike, It really isn't up to me, like I said I posted for a buddy of mine, you paid him directly."

Nowhere did Greg ever say these items weren’t his or he was selling them for a friend.

This is where it gets good. After initially contacting Greg I went back and looked at his original thread. I took a screen shot of the wording in the thread.

As you can see he lists the heads as new and doesn’t mention they aren’t his.

He also had a few distant pictures of the heads where I think you could tell they were already damaged.

The next morning I went back to look at the thread and inspect the pictures more carefully and he had edited his post rewording a lot of stuff and removing the pictures showing the deck surface of the heads....
    ( http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...l=1#post859583 )

I also mentioned to him that he never said they weren’t his and he was selling for a friend and his response was "Its in the thread some place that its posted for a buddy". Which we know is a 100% lie as he only added that into the thread with his edit after the issues were brought up.

I still haven’t received anything from Greg or his "buddy". He had no problem listing them and selling them as if they were his but now wants no part in making things right.

You all can decide for yourselves who you think was right or wrong but I won’t be dealing with Greg again and I encourage you all to do the same.

clear damage to the heads and the seller changes his ad and deletes pics, hmmm not shady at all....
    Doing less with more

Comment

Originally posted by DETROITMUSCLE View Post
      clear damage to the heads and the seller changes his ad and deletes pics, hmmm not shady at all....
      I agree, proof is right there. Why would you go back and edit the thread to include things that werent there before? Also it does CLEARLY says BRAND NEW about the heads....
      Last edited by Darren; February 27th, 2014, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DETROITMUSCLE View Post

couldnt agree with you more.

Comment

If they are new why can you see the gasket fire ring marks?

Comment

@Gregs_gsxr

I'd like to see an amicable resolution to this. Please find a middle ground to make this right.

On that note - guys let's please refrain from posting just to "pile on." This is between Mike and Greg.
            - Brian Meissen
            Owner, MiFBody.com
            Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
            2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
            Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
            June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
            The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

I'd be pissed too. Those heads need money to make them good again. Not as advertised.

His edited ad says from a crate engine meaning they were bolted down at some point.
              sigpic
              Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

@Gregs_gsxr

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...l=1#post861735
                Capture.PNG

------------------------------------------------
                http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...l=1#post861101
                Capture2.PNG

It definitely seems like these heads were being touted as new and even your own posts makes it sound like they were yours, not your buddy's.
                - Brian Meissen
                Owner, MiFBody.com
                Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADAIR View Post
                  If they are new why can you see the gasket fire ring marks?
                  You have a point but I'm not even upset about that. Its the fact they look like they have been dropped and kicked across a concrete floor that kills me.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, keep us posted so we know if he makes it right. Maybe we need to add a bylaw stating that if you are selling something on here it had better be yours, or you will be held accountable as if it was?

Comment

Those are unacceptable. DJ, I and his friend drove all the way down to Monroe to go pick up a set of AFRs for his Mustang.

We got right back into the orange beast and drove all the way back to Flint as soon as we saw the million chunks of metal in the combustion chambers, which the guy said was "fine, nothing to worry about" (ad said they were in good condition).

Hope everything is made right here, Mike.
                      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

They came off a new crate engine, they were never fired. Mike you had all the info for my buddy, his name his cell, HIS PAYPAL. It took you 4 days to even say there was damage, also your buddy picked up everything and put them in the bed of his truck, did he strap anything down? Everything that was said via PM my buddy was telling me to put.. Paypal found him not reliable either from your 600 refund request. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "new" but you also didn't pay for brand new in box prices either.
                        '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
                        ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

Comment

For additional evidence, Maybe a mod could compare Gregs e-mail with the paypal address Mike sent the money to? It is possible that Greg accepted the money through paypal and paid his "friend" but from it doesn't look that way right now.

I hope you two get the issued resolved quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs_gsxr View Post
                              They came off a new crate engine, they were never fired. Mike you had all the info for my buddy, his name his cell, HIS PAYPAL. It took you 4 days to even say there was damage, also your buddy picked up everything and put them in the bed of his truck, did he strap anything down? Everything that was said via PM my buddy was telling me to put.. Paypal found him not reliable either from your 600 refund request. Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "new" but you also didn't pay for brand new in box prices either.
                              I'm not here to argue with you. How you "handled" everything was beyond shady and its here for everyone to see. I also told you I'd like $190 back to get them decked in which I never heard back from you.

Comment

Working...
                              X