X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1997 firehawk possibly for sale

Well i have fallen on hard times and may have to sell my car i do not want to .

Ok it's a 1997 formula firehawk #115 i have the birth certificate from slp it's real the body only has 25000 miles on it it still smells like new inside it has many mods the engine has 4 bolt studded Mains scat forged standard stroke crank scat forged 6 inch rods 30 over srp forged pistons built for nitrous HD roller timing set 230/236/ 570/576 comp cam comp lifter comp one piece hardend push rods beehive comp valve springs i ran out of money so the heads are just a light hand port more of a casting smoothing really gm 1.6 bowtie roller tockers canton fabricated valve covers stock unported intake stock injectors 58mm throttle body pacesetter long tube headers and offroad y pipe ati balancer morosso oil pan and pick up ram aluminum flywheel with ram power grip HD clutch the transmission was just built by RPM to there level 5 specs very nice trans strange engineering drive shaft with the big u joints also has a strange s60 with a true trac and 4.30 gears umi tunnel mout ta with driveshaft loop umi bolt on frame ties umi drop brackets global west control arms bmr pan hard rod aje racing tubul k member 1/3/4 drop springs borla exhaust slp line lock mounted to the pistol grip shifter with hurst base bilstien shocks ractronics walboro fuel pump with hot wire kit it has gone as fast as 12.36@113 it average a 12.40 114 with a better driver and a stickyer tire 11s i also have two sets of wheels and tires that go with it some street wheels with drs and some drag wheels and tires it's not perfect but it's a very nice car it was wrecked and it has a salvaged title it passed inspection flawlessly tho im sure there's more that i have left out i have recites for every thing

I am not sure what to ask for it if your interested make me an offer i cant refuse so i don't have to part this car out. thanks
    Attached Files
    sigpic1997 firehawk # 115 6 speed. Its just a little ole LT1

It needs a good tune it has a pcms for less tune it's not exactly perfect i really hope i do not have to sell it .
    Also it's 11/4/1 compression
    Last edited by 97firehawk; August 25th, 2012, 02:12 AM.

Comment

Hope you dont have to sell it! This is a super clean car have seen it several times. It runs and sounds great!
      sigpicJust a slow 400 plus RWHP LT1.....428/370 NA

Comment

She's a beaut, clark! I'd love to know what you'd take for it. Hardtop 6 speed Firehawk
        sigpic

88' Trans Am 350 TPI

Comment

Thanks jim.

Originally posted by scholtmj View Post
          She's a beaut, clark! I'd love to know what you'd take for it. Hardtop 6 speed Firehawk
          Im not really sure just yet i suppose I'll look into it a bit today . If someone made any type of decent offer i may take it these cars are a pain to find an accurate value .

Comment

Originally posted by 97firehawk View Post
            Thanks jim.

Im not really sure just yet i suppose I'll look into it a bit today . If someone made any type of decent offer i may take it these cars are a pain to find an accurate value .
            This may not be what you want to hear, but with a salvage car, you'd be lucky to even find an accurate value. This one wont be worth nearly as much as an identical car with a clear title, the salvage title hurts resale value a lot.

That said, with all the modifications and upgrades you made, the car would be a very fun driver, and they should help the value somewhat, but you won't get any fair offers on the car. If you decided to sell, people would see the salvage title and use that as and excuse to lowball you like crazy. Choose your price, and stick to it. Try to be realistic though, you won't get full blue book for it, so if it's not worth selling for less, then keep it. You don't want to regret selling it.
            Nick H.
            Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 93formulalt1 View Post
              This may not be what you want to hear, but with a salvage car, you'd be lucky to even find an accurate value. This one wont be worth nearly as much as an identical car with a clear title, the salvage title hurts resale value a lot.

That said, with all the modifications and upgrades you made, the car would be a very fun driver, and they should help the value somewhat, but you won't get any fair offers on the car. If you decided to sell, people would see the salvage title and use that as and excuse to lowball you like crazy. Choose your price, and stick to it. Try to be realistic though, you won't get full blue book for it, so if it's not worth selling for less, then keep it. You don't want to regret selling it.

Yes i no that it will hurt the value big time one reason i said to make an offer i would get more just parting it out id just hate to see such a nice car be stripped down . it is only one of 4 green hard tops that year one of the guys from the firehawk website was trying to buy it before i did i beat him to it all them years ago to be honest i really want to keep it but im loosing my home and i haven't worked in over two years due to health issues im still trying to keep it just not sure where i would park it if i could find a job soon which might happen than I'll keep it.

Comment

Typical rule of thumb I've always heard with a salvage title is to cut 50% off the value. Mods generally don't add much if any value to any car unless you find that perfect buyer. If that car is worth $8-9k non-salvage (which is probably a realistic value since it's a low mile Firehawk) I'd probably expect to get about $4-4.5k from it. If you get offered more than that I'd take the money and run. It looks like a great car, but the salvage titles are a ***** to sell.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie2000 View Post
                  Typical rule of thumb I've always heard with a salvage title is to cut 50% off the value. Mods generally don't add much if any value to any car unless you find that perfect buyer. If that car is worth $8-9k non-salvage (which is probably a realistic value since it's a low mile Firehawk) I'd probably expect to get about $4-4.5k from it. If you get offered more than that I'd take the money and run. It looks like a great car, but the salvage titles are a ***** to sell.
                  Last i checked blue book was $14,000.00

Comment

Blue book and what they actually sell for are two different things. Selling that thing for $7k will take a long time to find that perfect buyer, IMO. Again, you have a very nice car, but I'd be extremely surprised to see that car sell for $14k even if it was never wrecked. It's possible though I suppose, a friend of mine did just get offered that much for his low-mile 95 1LE Camaro.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie2000 View Post
                      Blue book and what they actually sell for are two different things. Selling that thing for $7k will take a long time to find that perfect buyer, IMO. Again, you have a very nice car, but I'd be extremely surprised to see that car sell for $14k even if it was never wrecked. It's possible though I suppose, a friend of mine did just get offered that much for his low-mile 95 1LE Camaro.
                      I here ya a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay that value was a year ago im sure its less when i first got the car it was valued at $24,000.00 it has just dropped steadily every year i no i would get get the most money parting it out i just don't want to well I'll see what the next few weeks bring and hopefully i can just keep it. it's a dream car of mine i got it for a steal of a deal when it only had 18000 miles on it and i brought it back to life i have alot of my time invested and its killing me to even think of parting or selling it im not done with it i have plans for it still .
                      Last edited by 97firehawk; August 25th, 2012, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Yeah, that really blows. Good luck!

Comment

It looks like you have put a ton of time and effort into this car and I know how you must feel even considering having to sell it. I sure hope things work out and you can hold on to it. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by RickT View Post
                            It looks like you have put a ton of time and effort into this car and I know how you must feel even considering having to sell it. I sure hope things work out and you can hold on to it. Good luck!
                            Thank you

Comment

Love the green. I remember seeing this car. You might post details and pics about the wreckage. I was close to buying a green ws6... but the guy was a little too foggy on what was needing fixed.

Comment

Working...
                              X