Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• awww.. I can't even begin to imagine..
    sigpic
    U.S. Army 1983-2005
    11.20@122.37 1.51 60'

Originally posted by WMCCjames

"Plans Subject to change upon Sobering up"

Comment

• Tyler really wants me to buy a Camaro. I would love to, but if it needs work, I dont want to take it in somewhere to have it done and be overcharged. Maybe in a couple of years I will. Then by that time I may buy some tools, since his family took the tools I bought him. I wish I kept the receipt, oh well it is what it is. He loves fast loud cars. I even took him out to Lapeer a few weeks ago, and he loved it. He didnt want to leave. Maybe one day I will get the guts to actually race. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by my1994z28 View Post
        Maybe one day I will get the guts to actually race. LOL
        Do it, you'll love it!!
        sigpic
        U.S. Army 1983-2005
        11.20@122.37 1.51 60'

Originally posted by WMCCjames

"Plans Subject to change upon Sobering up"

Comment

• i'm sorry to hear all the news. i hope you can get the car and stuff back. keep taking tyler to as much race stuff as possible. this whole thing still blows my mind
          98 z28, m6, monster clutch, eibach pro kit, custom twin turbo setup, 317 heads, z06 valve springs, arp rod bolts, 512rwhp at 10lbs. cobra eater

Comment

• I wont ever get the car back unless I give them the asking price of 10,500. So I believe I would have to give half. I think that buying one and having an engine built for it and somehow getting Ty involved will be the best thing. Even let him name the car....Maybe get a plate that says "moneypit" (i know its too long but something like that). The maybe I can race it for a while, and then when Ty is old enough give him the car, and let him race it. I just would need to find people that would help build it when I get everything. I cant do anything at my parents house since they a weird about a little drop of oil on the garage floor. So not only would I need to find help, but I need to find a place to do it. As long as Ty is involved I would be happy as ever.

Comment

• I'm still working on that 98 Camaro, slowly gathering parts. I've been waiting on the pistons to show up for a couple of weeks now - when they do arrive there should be some good progress. I have some plans for it, but might be willing to part with it considering Mike was going to buy it before I did. I'll really have to think about it as I have the itch to drive it...

With that said, it would need a lot of work, mostly body and interior. I'd make sure it's mechanically sound before it left the shop. I have two different engines that would fit but I planned to install the 6.0 I'm redoing instead of the stock 5.3.

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
              1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
              1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

• I appreciate you thinking of parting with it. Please dont, you bought it and it is yours to build. One day I will buy one, and will ask for help building it since I do not know how to build an engine (haha), even though I have been around it for 8 years. Thank you for thinking of Tyler. You guys on here are the greatest!

Comment

• Mike picked up a 6.0 LS motor to put in it. All I want from the members of the site, is when I get a car an engine, that somehow if possible anyone one willing to help build it, and allow Tyler to help when there are things he can do to help out. If there is anyone willing to help out, let me know. It maybe a little while before I get one, but the build will be something to allow Tyler to have something that he will have as a reminder of his dad. All the guys/girls out there willing to help when the time comes, I will provide food and drinks every time work is being done on it. I may even want to help. The only thing is I do not own any tools anymore. The family took the tools I bought Mike. We could maybe dedicate the car to Mike. Please all that are willing to help, either email me at Jenj0683@aol.com or find me on FB Jennifer Godziebiewski to let me know. Please let me know.

Comment

• send me a message when you geting something rolling, I would be willing to help out and I don't mind bringing my own tools.
                    To me it sounds like you need a "crew crew" to oversee the project.

Sorry to hear that Mikes family took of the tools you bought him. It sounds like you two were together for a long time and some of the some of the stuff should have stayed or been given to Tyler. I hope Mike side of the family will be active in Tylers life.

Comment

• Well I thought I would give you guys an update, seeing that I just found out that Mikes family sold his camaro for $6,000. How insulting can they be?

Comment

• Well, I'm sorry to hear this, but I'm not surprised either. I've ceased being surprised when I see what the smell of money does to surviving relatives. I'm going to do my part to ensure family unity by making sure I leave nothing behind.

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

• I wish Mike would have had a will put together. All of this would not be necessary if he did. It is a shame that his family (sisters and brother) is making all of the decisions instead of his 2 sons. It saddens me to have to have our son not have anything of his dads. Everyday it amazes me how our son is so much like Mike. From the things he does to the way he speaks. He is always "building" cars from his toys, and he names all the parts he is putting on. I wish Mike was here continuing to teach Tyler about cars. I can honestly say we truly miss him everyday, and remember him by talking about all the memories he had with us. His long time friend offered the family $7k back in August, and I wish they would have sold him the car then, but they told him no because they wanted more money. Well Karma will come visit each and everyone of them in the future. I will continue telling Tyler stories of his dad, so he will never ever forget what an amazing man he was.

Comment

Working...
                          X