Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.mifbody.com/vbulletin/sho...981#post840981

Comment

In saginaw a guy was coming home in his 55 chevy from a car show. He stopped at meijers to run in grab milk and bread then came out to a cop waiting to give him a ticket. According to the law the judge said was you can drive it to and from shows and meets. But you can. Ot stop for anything else other than gas.

He left the court threw his plates in the trash and bought normal ones.
      sigpic

Comment

Not sure how it is now, but at least 4 years ago, "authentic historic plates" are not electronically filed with the state as they are Xerox copies mailed in to the state.

Thus the cops cannot even effectively run them through their computer system.

I was pulled over twice in our '68 Corvette...the cop looked at the license, insurance and registration, and let us go both times...

Actual newer Michigan Historic Plates, IMO, may be one of the biggest rip offs in this states history...

Avoid like a rat from the 13th century...
        Originally posted by Redd8407
        I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
        Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
        WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
        Originally posted by Darren
        I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

Wow, no good. I don't think I will bother risking being harassed by cops. Regular plate it is. Sucks to pay that much more. That is going to be almost a 50% hike in insurance cost for the car. I might shop around a bit, but likely all will have that "surcharge"... call it what it is... tax

Comment

i just got grundy. already shows up. 175 comp 175 coll 186 mcff(mcca). Evrybody already pays it last year it went up 21%. This year $11.

Comment

I have the authentic plate on my 1971 GT-37 Pontiac. They only cost me a one time fee of $35 and since I have them, my insurance rates through Hagerty are really cheap at $145 per year. I don't drive the car everyday but there are plenty of cruise nights you can say your driving to or from.

Comment

Grab a Cruis'n'News or whatever magazine and keep it in the car. If you get pulled over you can just say you're on the way to a local cruise night or car show.
                - Brian Meissen
                Owner, MiFBody.com
                Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

well you can thank all the uninsured people in the state that file claims when hurt in an auto mobile accident and this addtitional cost is on each car in your policy. so if you know someone that doesnt have medical coverage and doesnt have a medical ryder on their auto you better them cause you'll be paying their bills if something happens
                  '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
                  ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

Originally posted by Gregs_gsxr View Post
                    well you can thank all the uninsured people in the state that file claims when hurt in an auto mobile accident and this addtitional cost is on each car in your policy. so if you know someone that doesnt have medical coverage and doesnt have a medical ryder on their auto you better them cause you'll be paying their bills if something happens
                    Amen to that! I can remember seeing a statistic that said something like 40% of the drivers in the metro Detroit area were driving illegally one way or another. Start taking their cars away if they can't show they have had active insurance in the last month.

Comment

Michigan is unlike most states. The unlimited lifetime coverage for injury a over 530000 is what does it. Anything over 530,000 is paid by the insurance but reimbursed by MCCA

Comment

which comes from our pockets, so everyone wants to get mad at rising health care cost, this is just another rising cost that they pass the buck on to. Also your health care providers are making the auto carriers more responsible for claim coverage in any case related to an auto accident, which also means, getting in or out of a car, getting hands caught in a door all of this is considered auto related. Dont want to claim it through your auto? dont tell the doc what happened tell them it was a house door.
                        Last edited by Gregs_gsxr; September 12th, 2013, 11:21 AM.
                        '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADAIR View Post
                          Michigan is unlike most states. The unlimited lifetime coverage for injury a over 530000 is what does it. Anything over 530,000 is paid by the insurance but reimbursed by MCCA
                          But isn't that a function or by product of the No-Fault law? I hate our insurance laws, knowing some idiot can blow through a light and smoke my car, and MY insurance gets to eat it, and MY rates go up. WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Akodo View Post
                            But isn't that a function or by product of the No-Fault law? I hate our insurance laws, knowing some idiot can blow through a light and smoke my car, and MY insurance gets to eat it, and MY rates go up. WTF?

your rates for the accident wont go up, cause it wasnt your fault...however if medical treatment is needed and both of you have charges, in the end it comes back around to us through the MCCA

Comment

Working...
                            X