X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad/iOS 6 Issues

I know there has been some discussion on this topic elsewhere on the boards, but I wanted to make sure the issues I'm having are known. None of these occurred at all prior ot updating to iOS 6 on my iPad 2.

1) While attempting to enter text in a text box/reply box, the keyboard disappears after hitting any key on the on-screen keyboard in both Safari and Chrome. It does not happen when I use my bluetooth keyboard.

2) When selecting a thread on the "Recent Posts" list, I have to "double tap" the thread title to get the thread to open. This wouldn't be a problem, but this generally requires zooming in to get a clear shot at the thread I want to open with a finger. This isn't a problem, it's just annoying.

3) Sometimes, when I click "Quick Reply" or "Reply with Quote", the text box will appear, but is not "clickable", and refuses to allow me to enter text unless I refresh the page, restart the browser, or switch to Chrome. Unknown cause, it's annoying also.

Not really expecting much to be done to fix these concerns, as I'm positive they are on Apple's end, but I wanted to make sure I'm not the only one having issues, and see if there are any solutions I can try.

Thanks.
    Nick H.
    Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Keyboard issue is definitely on Apple's end as they already said they're trying to find a fix and issue an update because of it - #2 and #3 probably on Apple's end too. If it worked fine in iOS5 but not in iOS6 then I would say it's Apple's problem to fix.
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
    Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
    June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Clearly. When iOS 6.1 comes out all will be well with the world again. Use Tapatalk, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
        Clearly. When iOS 6.1 comes out all will be well with the world again. Use Tapatalk, works great.
        I will give it a shot. . .

Also having a multitude of problems with Facebook, both the iPad App and the mobile site in Safari. I'm rather upset with Apple right now, if the OS update wasn't ready to release, maybe they should have fixed it BEFORE releasing it. There isn't a way to downgrade back to iOS 5 that is supported by Apple, and I don't want to void my warranty by messing something up doing it the "unauthorized" way, so I'm stuck until Apple fixes their mistakes and releases 6.1

I don't have the luxury of just setting the iPad aside for a few weeks, since my MacBook needs the display panel replaced, I'm without a laptop. The iPad is how I do everything, including reports for work, managing my schedule, email, entertainment, and surfing the net. It's been pretty easy to transition from the laptop to the iPad, but it definitely has it's limits, and I'm really wishing I had my MacBook working right about now.
        Nick H.
        Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Comment

you can put iOS 5 back on it, you just have to be iTunes savy. I did it on my iPhone 4...

Comment

I'd like to know how to go back to ios 5, my 4S keeps dropping WiFi and trying all the diffrent "fixes", none of them worked for me. Never dropped WiFi once when it was on 5. Hopefully the update will be out soon!

Comment

I am swamped at work right now and leave town tomorrow. But if I get the time, and can open iTunes I can type something up to do it. The simple trick (depending on what version of iTunes you have) is when your device it plugged in and you can see it on itunes it to right click on the update button and a drop down menu used to pop up allowing you to reinstall older versions of software. The trick to that is the software had to be downloaded to the computer you are using and saved on it... If it wasnt saved then you cant put it back on, because you cant download it again.

On a side note, Jailbreaking your device no longer voids warranty, before you take it in you will just have to un jailbreak it (if you have to take it in for any reason). Jailbreaking a device is really easy as well, and can be done in about 15 minutes...

Comment

Thanks, I know what your talking about. But I'm not sure if the older version is saved on my computer or not. I'm going to check later. Does jail breaking it make it run better or make it easier to go back to old software?

Comment

If Darren doesn't have time to help you directly, you should be able to Google the process and get help that way.

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

Originally posted by 93formulalt1 View Post
                    I don't have the luxury of just setting the iPad aside for a few weeks, since my MacBook needs the display panel replaced, I'm without a laptop. The iPad is how I do everything, including reports for work, managing my schedule, email, entertainment, and surfing the net. It's been pretty easy to transition from the laptop to the iPad, but it definitely has it's limits, and I'm really wishing I had my MacBook working right about now.
                    TrickyTransAm on here does PC repair -- want me to have him give you a quote on replacing your display panel? What are the symptoms? Completely dead, or was it dropped and you have dead areas, ???

Comment

Originally posted by 93formulalt1 View Post
                      I know there has been some discussion on this topic elsewhere on the boards, but I wanted to make sure the issues I'm having are known. None of these occurred at all prior ot updating to iOS 6 on my iPad 2.

1) While attempting to enter text in a text box/reply box, the keyboard disappears after hitting any key on the on-screen keyboard in both Safari and Chrome. It does not happen when I use my bluetooth keyboard.

2) When selecting a thread on the "Recent Posts" list, I have to "double tap" the thread title to get the thread to open. This wouldn't be a problem, but this generally requires zooming in to get a clear shot at the thread I want to open with a finger. This isn't a problem, it's just annoying.

3) Sometimes, when I click "Quick Reply" or "Reply with Quote", the text box will appear, but is not "clickable", and refuses to allow me to enter text unless I refresh the page, restart the browser, or switch to Chrome. Unknown cause, it's annoying also.

Not really expecting much to be done to fix these concerns, as I'm positive they are on Apple's end, but I wanted to make sure I'm not the only one having issues, and see if there are any solutions I can try.

Thanks.

1) I have seen this on my iPhone 5 when trying to reply on MiFBody, but once I get my first letter typed, and I then bring the keyboard back, it stays in place. Strangely, it's not a persistent problem for my iPhone.

2) That's always been true on my iDevices -- my 3GS, my 4, and now on my 5. Maybe they've unified the user experience so the iPad reacts the same as the iPhones always have? I agree though, it's still annoying. I don't need to negotiate that stupid dialog box in OS X Safari or on my work PC

3) Have never experienced that at all.

I have no idea what's been going on at Apple since Steve Jobs has passed away, but this iPhone and iOS 6 launch have been uncharacteristically and unacceptably ragged.

Comment

Originally posted by ktl711 View Post
                        I have no idea what's been going on at Apple since Steve Jobs has passed away, but this iPhone and iOS 6 launch have been uncharacteristically and unacceptably ragged.
                        My fear is that the same thing will happen that happened when he was kicked out in the 80's . . . Apple's products went south in a hurry.

From everything I've read about Steve, one of his biggest things was an emphasis on product quality above all else . . . to the point that he pissed off a lot of people in his own company who cared more about the bottom line than the product.

I don't know if Tim Cook is an engineer or a bean counter, but I know that bean counters shouldn't run a company like Apple . . . or it will not be Apple anymore.
                        sigpic

Stock 1998 T/A, original owner

17 years and 18,664 miles . . . still lovin' it

Comment

To be fair though we wouldn't want an engineer running the company or else everything would be overly complicated (like german engineering (read: Porsche) -- way overcomplicated for simple tasks) So hopefully Cook isn't an engineer or a bean counter but somewhere in the middle.
                          - Brian Meissen
                          Owner, MiFBody.com
                          Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                          2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                          Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                          June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                          The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

,,|, iO6 is all I have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulTerror View Post
                              ,,|, iO6 is all I have to say.
                              This means? Or is helpful, how?

Comment

Working...