Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not helpful at all. It's a middle finger.
    - Brian Meissen
    Owner, MiFBody.com
    Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
    2016 Camaro LFX A8 - "Elmo"
    15th Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2019
    June 8th, 2019 - 8am to 3pm!!!
    The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

The only issue I have with iOS6 is the keyboard collapsing and it only happens on this site. In fact I type what I want to say on ls1tech, copy it, and paste it here. Gotta improvise until its fixed.

https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic

Comment

Because every other OS has no problems at all...
        1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

Originally posted by meissen View Post
          To be fair though we wouldn't want an engineer running the company or else everything would be overly complicated (like german engineering (read: Porsche) -- way overcomplicated for simple tasks) So hopefully Cook isn't an engineer or a bean counter but somewhere in the middle.
          Amen to that!!
          sigpic

Stock 1998 T/A, original owner

17 years and 18,664 miles . . . still lovin' it

Comment

Originally posted by ktl711 View Post
            TrickyTransAm on here does PC repair -- want me to have him give you a quote on replacing your display panel? What are the symptoms? Completely dead, or was it dropped and you have dead areas, ???
            I have the display panel disassembled and the LCD unit's issue is from a loose connection in the display logic board. I'm going to attempt to repair the trouble area, but if not, I'll be ordering a replacement unit from a source I used for new hinges and the LVDS cable when I replaced them.
            Nick H.
            Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Detoxx03 View Post
              The only issue I have with iOS6 is the keyboard collapsing and it only happens on this site. In fact I type what I want to say on ls1tech, copy it, and paste it here. Gotta improvise until its fixed.
              Yeah, I can believe that it works on LS1Tech. They use an out of date custom version of vBulletin while we're running on one of the most recent versions. The more recent versions use javascript (really, AJAX to be specific) more heavily than the older versions do. Since LS1Tech and CamaroZ28 are owned by the same company, I would venture to think that both would behave the same. If you really wanted to compare, try a different vBulletin site which isn't owned by Internet Brands. (Kinda funny that LS1Tech and CamaroZ28 are owned by Internet Brands and Internet Brands owns the vBulletin company [the software that all our forums run on] yet their own sites run on outdated software).
              Last edited by meissen; October 2nd, 2012, 02:36 PM.
              - Brian Meissen
              Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

My site CallOutsNOLA is powered by vbulletin and it works fine. No worries I'm sure it will be fixed soon so until then copy and paste for me unless I have a reason to use my laptop.

https://www.facebook.com/DetoxxAtomic

Comment

You're on 4.1.1 - a few versions behind. Must be something between .1 and .10 that screws it up.
                  - Brian Meissen
                  Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Originally posted by meissen View Post
                    You're on 4.1.1 - a few versions behind. Must be something between .1 and .10 that screws it up.
                    I just wanted to mention, I'm on iOS 6.1 on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, and I still have the keyboard issue when trying to post from either device. This is the only site I have problems with, but honestly, I don't post much elsewhere, and I don't think any of my other frequented sites are running vBulletin.

Still holding out, I really don't want to have to buy Tapatalk to continue posting here when I'm away from my computer, but it's looking more and more like I don't have a choice.
                    Nick H.
                    Current MIFC Vice President

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if Tapatalk will necessarily solve your issue, as I find that the cursor still jumps around for me. But if I'm posting to a thread and I start out my post with a carriage return, it'll stay in place and I can type out the rest of the post without issue.

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

Originally posted by 93formulalt1 View Post
                        I just wanted to mention, I'm on iOS 6.1 on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, and I still have the keyboard issue when trying to post from either device. This is the only site I have problems with, but honestly, I don't post much elsewhere, and I don't think any of my other frequented sites are running vBulletin.

Still holding out, I really don't want to have to buy Tapatalk to continue posting here when I'm away from my computer, but it's looking more and more like I don't have a choice.
                        All you have to do is click the white box to reply, push done(before typing anything) then click the white box again and type your reply. It takes 2 seconds, is incredibly dumb, but it works.
                        1998 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 - 6 Speed

Comment

Well I just tried that and it worked lol. I've been dealing with the same issue.

Comment

Honestly I'd just get Tapatalk - it's extremely convenient to use and optimized for iOS.
                            - Brian Meissen
                            Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Working...
                            X