X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MiFbody memorial- not to be forgotten

Well had a thought of maybe way to keep the members of the site still up that we have lost by maybe having thread/section with members names and photoshop car taking last ride into sunset or something? I know you can search we lost .... but thinking of way to honor. Maybe bad idea but thought I'd put out there !!!!!
    sigpic

I like it. It would be a shame if newer members could not also at least get a glimpse of why we appreciated and continue to miss people like Doug, Mike and Tom.

"PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals" -- 1977z28Will

Comment

I think this is great idea! I think Brian was working on an idea on how to honor honor the guys.
      *Angie*
      Come and check out this Hottie and Her F-Body.....

Birds can fly what can camaro's do????

Comment

Yep Brian said he was going to make a page. But agreed we need one!
        -Joel
        1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
        1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Yeah, we'll definitely have one - just need to get around to doing it.
          - Brian Meissen
          Owner, MiFBody.com
          Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
          2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
          Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
          June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
          The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Oh yess great idea!!! The video from Tom's funeral should be in there <3

Comment

Great idea.

Now...just how to implement it...
              Originally posted by Redd8407
              I WANT NOISE! SPEED! AN ENGINE THAT SHAKES MY INTERNAL ORGANS LIKE THEY GOT PARKINSON'S! I DONT WANT AN ENGINE THAT IS PARTIALLY POWERED BY MY LAPTOP BATTERY!
              Originally posted by Z28ISGR8
              WHY THE F*CK IS THERE A GOAT ON A FERRARI?
              Originally posted by Darren
              I think it is because I take it in and out all the time, the rubber has just stretched out, especially at the bottom where it is really thin. It annoys me more then anything.

Comment

great idea Idk b what about up top where ride of the month used to be each month if there a member that passed we could have it change each time like now but with the member car name and dates then have a page we can go view or a forum area with members names and stuff
                The Original

Originally posted by 81DaytonaPaceCar

Can you argue that it's "revolutionary"? Perhaps. Just because it's "new" and "different" doesn't mean it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Glad to hear it sounds good! Now lets throw some ideas or maybe page like ..... I was thinking of maybe way of contacting family and see if ok and if they wanted to add anything also maybe send them letter/plaque with THANKS.If like me always getting the are you on that computer again so maybe some appreciaton to those not on site and there time wasn't wasted.
                  sigpic

Comment

Cool ideas guys, but let's keep this simple. I was planning on putting together a page to memorialize each of our members who are gone but not forgotten, just need to figure out how.
                    - Brian Meissen
                    Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Love the Idea but we need to keep it simple.

Why don't you just create a Memorial forum under the Michigan Fbody Associtation, and then create Sub forms under there for each passing member. Then we could move the memorial threads and stories for each person to there own forum.

Does that make sense?
                      Western Michigan Camaro Club ~ President
                      1987 Camaro IROC-Z Pearl White & Black w/ Red Pearl, 355 TPI, A4, 3:42, AirRide,"GOMARO"
                      2017 Silverado Double Cab Z71 Pepperdust Metallic, 5.3, A6, 3:42, "SASYZ71"
                      2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White, 3800
                      WMCC Website www.wmcamaro.org

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,
                      is strong enough to take everything you have." — Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
                      are willing to work and give to those who would not."
                      Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Honestly I was just thinking about a page with a little bit on each member and a link to the thread announcing their passing.
                        - Brian Meissen
                        Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

I wasn't fortunate enough to know any of these guys. however after hearing what great people they were, I personally would like to see a locked thread with an open submission, dedicated to each member lost, that has photos, videos, stories, memorable quotes etc. Anything related to that person.

2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS
                          - M6, Livernois Stage 3 ported 243 heads, Livernois 230/236 114 LSA cam, FRPP 36# injectors, Ported TB, SLP MAF, Volant CAI, Kooks 1 3/4 headers & ORY, GMMG Cat-back. Koni SA 4/3's, BMR springs, Founders Performance, STB, LCA's and Panhard bar.

Comment

Yeah - now that I think about it, I think a subforum like you're talking about Scott would be the easiest way to accomplish this.
                            - Brian Meissen
                            Owner, MiFBody.com

Comment

Originally posted by meissen View Post
                              Yeah - now that I think about it, I think a subforum like you're talking about Scott would be the easiest way to accomplish this.
                              Sure I see how you are.... YOu didn't like When I said it but now that Scott said it, its a great idea.
                              Western Michigan Camaro Club ~ President
                              1987 Camaro IROC-Z Pearl White & Black w/ Red Pearl, 355 TPI, A4, 3:42, AirRide,"GOMARO"
                              2017 Silverado Double Cab Z71 Pepperdust Metallic, 5.3, A6, 3:42, "SASYZ71"
                              2005 Pontiac Grand Prix GT White, 3800
                              WMCC Website www.wmcamaro.org

"A government big enough to give you everything you want,
                              is strong enough to take everything you have." — Thomas Jefferson

"Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who
                              are willing to work and give to those who would not."
                              Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                              X