X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to attach images to your post

I figured I'd write this up to help some people who are new to forums. We all had to start somewhere. I'm going to write up both ways to do this.

The tutorial on how to attach a sig can be found here.

First I'm going to show how to attach an image to your post using the "Attachment" feature.

Once you have typed out your post and are ready to attach an image
    -Scroll down and click on "Go Advanced"
    -Scroll down and click again to where is says "Manage Attachments"
    -This will open a new box.
    -In this box click on "Browse" and then navigate to where the file you want to attach is located on your computer.
    -You can select 1 file for each box so you can upload a total of 5 files at one time.
    -After you have selected your file(s) click on "Upload"
    -After you have clicked on "Upload" the window will load and when it's fully attached the file it will let you know that the file is attached.
    -Once you have uploaded all the files that you want, go ahead and close the box and if you don't have any changes to your post you want to make, go ahead and click on "Submit New Thread/Submit Reply" Once your screen reloads you should see the files you attached, attached to your post and look similar to this.

Ok that was how to attach a file via the Attachment feature. Another way to do it is to Hotlink the image to your post so that it shows up just like the images above instead of inside a box.

-To do this you first need a place to upload your files too. There are lots of free places where you can upload images too. For this tutioral I'm going to use PhotoBucket.com
    -After you make an account and upload your pictures you want to click on the box under the image and it will automatically copy the image to your clip board. Make sure you get the "Direct Link" code if you plan on using the "Insert Image" button or click on the "IMG Code" link if you just want to take that link to put in your post
    -Next you will want to start to make a post like you normally would. Then when your ready to attach your image you take the code you copied from PhotoBucket and you can either click on the "Insert Image" button or use the img codes.
    -If you click on the "Insert Image" button it will open a new box and this is where you'll put the image address that you copied from over on Photobucket.
    -Click "OK" and it will insert the image right into your post in the last position your had your text cursor.
    -Once your done inserting your images and ready to post, click on "Submit New Thread/Submit Reply" and it will reload the page and you should see your post similar to this.
    -The other way to attach an image to your post is to use the img tags around the images address which will then attach it directly to your post and not load the image until you hit submit which is helpful if your uploading huge pictures or if your writing a tutorial.

That's it! If you have any question please feel free to ask.

good write-up mark, probably sticky worth I think. I've never hit the "go advanced" button. haha. now i know what it does. and for some reason i don't know why i never use the "post quick reply" i always "post reply", yeah i know, useless info, but im bored. haha
    2000 Trans Am l 1967 Firebird

sigpic

Comment

wow thanks helped me... i didn't know this stuff i vote for a sticky!!!!
      The Original

Originally posted by 81DaytonaPaceCar

Can you argue that it's "revolutionary"? Perhaps. Just because it's "new" and "different" doesn't mean it's the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Comment

Nice writeup, Mark!!!
        Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Wow, just always used the photobucket route, never tried the go advanced.....thanks for the info!
          sigpic
          1994 Camaro Z28 83K M6, CAI, AFR 190cc, 11.6:1, Hooker headers, Hooker ORY, Mangnaflow exhaust, AI 230/238, 1.6 RR, B&M Short throw, Hays clutch, 4.10 gear.

Member: The Mid Michigan Modern Muscle Car Club

Originally Posted by 1BADAIR
          manuals should be launched off the limiter and the throttle shouldn't leave the floor til 10 feet after the finish line

Comment

excellent - thanx Mark

13th!!! Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2017
            June 10th, 2017 - 9am to 3pm!!!
            Bakers of Milford, Milford, MI

Classics only cost alot if you add up what you spend!

sigpic

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
            - Dale Earnhardt -

Comment

Great write up Mark. I agree worthy of being a sticky!!!!
              West Michigan Pontiac Club

"A Camaro looks like it can kick your a**, a Trans Am is coming over to do it"

Comment

I made it a sticky as soon as I posted it Thanks for the comments guys.

Comment

How do you have a profile picture attached to each post. I uploaded pictures to an album, but when I make a post I don't see my profile picture in my post. Any suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by d2harris View Post
                    How do you have a profile picture attached to each post. I uploaded pictures to an album, but when I make a post I don't see my profile picture in my post. Any suggestions.
                    the picture under your name in the DARKER gray area is your "avatar"

the picture some people have below their posts is your "signature"

both can be changed by clicking on the "settings" link in the upper right corner of the window

sigpic

Comment

Okay I feel stupid, thank you!

Comment

nah, we've all been there

sigpic

Comment

Good writeup!

2001 Bright Rally Red Camaro SS
                          - M6, Livernois Stage 3 ported 243 heads, Livernois 230/236 114 LSA cam, FRPP 36# injectors, Ported TB, SLP MAF, Volant CAI, Kooks 1 3/4 headers & ORY, GMMG Cat-back. Koni SA 4/3's, BMR springs, Founders Performance, STB, LCA's and Panhard bar.

Comment

No reason to feel stupid - we all have to learn some how!
                            - Brian Meissen
                            Owner, MiFBody.com
                            Administrator, LTxTech.com

1994 Camaro LT1 Transplant - 357ci LT1, cammed, stalled, and driven.
                            2022 Camaro LT1 - "Cherry Bomb 2"
                            Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2022
                            June 4th, 2022 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                            The HUB Stadium, Auburn Hills, MI

Comment

Yep, that's what these are for

Comment

Working...
                              X