X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drdave88 View Post
    I'm planning on doing it the long way, dropping the tank. I'll be putting in the Racetronix fuel pump with the wire harness upgrade kit and all that so when I build an LS for it, I won't have to do it again.
    That's the way to do it!

DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Other projects that popped up finally aside, and I'm back working on it again. Got any minor surface rust around the vehicle taken care of, all the little door dings and stone chips feathered out and filled in. We'll see how my body work skills are once I get it primed and blocked sanded. Hoping to prime it this weekend.

Also, if anyone knows of someone selling the front GFX, I'd love to get ahold of them. I know they're pretty hard to find.
      Last edited by Drdave88; July 12th, 2019, 05:42 AM.

Comment

Did you see this thread?

https://www.mifbody.com/forums/forum...hello-everyone
        DynoDave
        POCI # 72200

Comment

Should have been specific, the GFX I need for mine are the W68 front pieces. Thanks though!

Comment

Got the body (mostly) primed on Saturday. Due to the heat and my lack of experience in painting, it took a bit too long and I started getting clogging in the paint gun. I ran out of time for the day so I wasn't able to finish the back panel. For the most part though, it turned out pretty good for not having held a paint gun in over 15 years.
            GlennT likes this.

Comment

Ah, sorry for the bum lead.

It's all one color!
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

Comment

So I had a 98 Z28 show up on my radar the other day. I went to look into it as a drivetrain donor for the Firebird. This thing is just too clean to mess with and the price is right. It looks like I'll be selling this one off either as a project for someone else or part it out. The Z needs short block work (spun a bearing) but not really a huge deal. I can either swap a 5.3 short block in for now, or just down it and rebuild what's in there now. Either way, I'm hoping I can find a good home for this one since it's rust free.

Comment

Working...
                X