X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1BADAIR View Post
    Grind that down with a carbide or you said you have different links? Cut the spacer tube if the bolts are threaded all the way
    I think the bolts are threaded far enough...initial plan is to pull one side and look, and if possible, I'll cut the spacer down a bit. Second option is to buy shorter endlinks. Last resort would be to grind. Prefer not to mess with it if I can help it - I'd rather dink with endlinks.
    2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

So, just updating in case anyone ever finds this and has a similar issue.

I cut just over 1/8" off the sleeves...no impact to the issue. I yanked the sway bar entirely just to make sure that was the issue - I was 99% sure it was. Took it for a ride without the bar, and it's quiet and smooth. So, that definitely is the problem.

Next step now is to really do some checking/measuring and cut a more significant chunk off to get the sway bar positioned as it should be. I'll update with how much I end up cutting off.

Comment

Originally posted by Atrus View Post
        So, just updating in case anyone ever finds this and has a similar issue.

I cut just over 1/8" off the sleeves...no impact to the issue. I yanked the sway bar entirely just to make sure that was the issue - I was 99% sure it was. Took it for a ride without the bar, and it's quiet and smooth. So, that definitely WAS the problem.

Next step now is to really do some checking/measuring and cut a more significant chunk off to get the sway bar positioned as it should be. I'll update with how much I end up cutting off.
        fixed it for ya
        '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
        ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

All fixed up - had to trim about 1.25" out of the sleeve. Sway bar is now relatively centered between that mount and the tie rod. I am really pleased with how well it rides. I had the large clunk when I hit a big bump, but there were metallic noises on a lot of minor bumps...I think the sway bar was kissing that bracket then too.

Now just to get it finally aligned!!

Comment

Working...
          X