Project 1999 Camaro Z28

2009 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic-SHEGONE
    Crate LS3, LS9 Cam, LSA Supercharger, Metco Solid Isolator
    RotoFab Intake, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan
    ZL1 HX, ZL1 Fuel Pump, CTS-V Lid, LSA Injectors
    Pat G - 93 Octane Tune
    Kooks 1-7/8" Longtubes, High Flow Cats, X Pipe, Solo AxleBacks
    CTS-V Calipers, Brembo Pads
    H&R Lowering Springs, Whiteline Bushings, FE3 Struts/Shocks, Camaro 20" Wheels
    HIDs, LED Conversion, Atari Gauges, Tint, Roof Carbon Fiber Wrapped, Innovative Wideband

2.55 Lingenfelter Pulley and Injectors waiting to go on!
    sigpic

Comment

I'll have to see about uploading them elsewhere for car forums - I posted this on another forum I'm on, and someone mentioned they also can't see them.

I logged out of FB on my computer at home and could see them, so that's not it - really not quite sure why some people can see them, and some people can't. I'll try Amazon - as they have unlimited photo uploading - just have to see if I'm able to get links for those as well.

You guys aren't trying to look at them at work where Facebook is blocked, are you?
      Last edited by MP81; June 14th, 2016, 07:38 AM.
      Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

I can see them fine
        2000 SS Convertible #1414 - Light Pewter 6 Speed

Comment

I'm guessing the car has an exhaust leak right at the left manifold as well - wonder if the oil leak from the valvecover above it helped that. I still have to pinpoint where the exhaust leak is, but it's definitely not quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by MP81 View Post
            I'll have to see about uploading them elsewhere for car forums - I posted this on another forum I'm on, and someone mentioned they also can't see them.

I logged out of FB on my computer at home and could see them, so that's not it - really not quite sure why some people can see them, and some people can't. I'll try Amazon - as they have unlimited photo uploading - just have to see if I'm able to get links for those as well.

You guys aren't trying to look at them at work where Facebook is blocked, are you?
            Nope at home
            2011 Ford Raptor SuperCrew
            SVT Beadlock Wheels
            Roush Intake, Corsa Exhaust
            20" and 40" Light Bars

2000 Camaro Z28
            Stripped Down Drag Car Build

Project 1999 Camaro Z28

2009 G8 GT Stryker Blue Metallic-SHEGONE
            Crate LS3, LS9 Cam, LSA Supercharger, Metco Solid Isolator
            RotoFab Intake, HSRK, Camaro Trans Pan
            ZL1 HX, ZL1 Fuel Pump, CTS-V Lid, LSA Injectors
            Pat G - 93 Octane Tune
            Kooks 1-7/8" Longtubes, High Flow Cats, X Pipe, Solo AxleBacks
            CTS-V Calipers, Brembo Pads
            H&R Lowering Springs, Whiteline Bushings, FE3 Struts/Shocks, Camaro 20" Wheels
            HIDs, LED Conversion, Atari Gauges, Tint, Roof Carbon Fiber Wrapped, Innovative Wideband

2.55 Lingenfelter Pulley and Injectors waiting to go on!
            sigpic

Comment

Congratulations on the new toy, Kyle. I think these cars are very cool. Should be a fun project for you, whatever direction you go with it.
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

PARTS CAR FOR YOU

1979 Z28 Roller - $1200 (romeo) hide this posting restore this posting <image 1 of 5>

1979 chevy Z28
                condition: fair
                cylinders: other
                drive: rwd
                fuel: other
                odometer: 36000
                paint color: white
                title status: clean
                transmission: other
                type: other

1979 Z28 roller very soild body. stored in garage for 25 years 36,000 on body no seats has a nice red dash one small crack. Glass is good. No engine or trans. Has a 10 bolt was told by the other owner its a 4.11 gear. The under side of the car is very clean. Email for more information. Will take best offer I need to get out of the yard.

13th!!! Annual Michigan FBody Meet & Greet Car Show 2017
                June 10th, 2017 - 9am to 3pm!!!
                Bakers of Milford, Milford, MI

Classics only cost alot if you add up what you spend!

sigpic

"The winner ain't the one with the fastest car, it's the one who refuses to lose."
                - Dale Earnhardt -

Comment

Oooh, interesting.

Driving out on 26 Mile last night, there's a real clean 2nd gen for sale (even Megan noticed it, "Hey isn't that like yours?"), but for $8500.

I need to get on ordering shit for this car, since I finished ordering all the car audio stuff for my brother's birthday/graduation gift, I now can focus on what I need.

Granted, I'm still waiting on the title, but I might as well have it ready to go before then.

My uncle said the plugs were only ever changed maybe twice, plug wires once, and the oil doesn't have many miles on it - but it's been years since it was changed. So looks like it'll be a good idea to do all of those.

Worth doing the cap too, or think cleaning up the terminals inside (it's HEI, I believe) should work just fine?

I might even have the HEI cap that Summit sent me the first time for my IROC, which was the wrong cap (clamp-down instead of screw-down), can't remember if I had to send that one back or not. I think this car is clamp down, but I'll have to check.

Need to order the valve cover gaskets, and probably worth changing the left side exhaust manifold gasket, considering it's got a pretty loud exhaust tick - but I have to make sure it's actually coming from the manifold.
                  Last edited by MP81; June 16th, 2016, 07:43 AM.

Comment

If youre putting headers on it dont even bother with that manifold.

If youre doing the HEI cap, do the rotor and ignition module while youre in there.
                    -Joel
                    1995 Z28 M6 - AI226/234 - autocross ricer
                    1984 Scottsdale K10 - 305/4bbl/4spd

WTB List:Midwest Chasis DS Loop

Comment

Originally posted by JoeliusZ28 View Post
                      If youre putting headers on it dont even bother with that manifold.

If youre doing the HEI cap, do the rotor and ignition module while youre in there.
                      That's a good point - an exhaust leak won't affect the pathetic stock dyno numbers much anyway.

Yeah, if I do those, I'll need to order them - I used the rotor out of the kit in the IROC, just not the cap.

Rotor is cheap, so that's a no-brainer - looks like the ignition module costs a bit more though, for whatever reason. I can imagine that a "high-energy" ignition module does about nothing extra - it's not like a more powerful spark is going to do anything better than a "stock" spark - it's igniting the same mixture, and combustion efficiency is generally pretty high anyway. Unless someones actually noticed a change before...

Comment

All i know is that module can randomly go dead and leave you on the side of the road with no spark. I put a new one in my K10 and carry the old as an extra (since i thought the module was the problem when actually the dist cap had just detached).
                        -Joel

Comment

Yeah, it's one of those things that can really ruin your day - that's not a bad plan at all. I'll more than likely just get the Delco one - can't see a reason to spend more on another brand.

Comment

Delco was what i bought and one of the more expensive brands that the parts stores carried. Short of going to an entire better/aftermarket distributor.
                            -Joel

Comment

Looks like I need to figure out if it's a 4 or 7 pin. Given what rock auto says, it should be a 7-pin (it shows all the 4-pins being Canada emissions).

Guess I'll need to take a look before I order anything.

Comment

Ordered plugs, wires, cap & rotor (turns out I sold the cap I had from before, back in 2011), air filter, oil filter, ignition control module. Will be buying the valvecover gasket this weekend, and hoping to do that Sunday.

Lien is off the title, but now we have to wait for the new title without the lien, before my uncle can even send it to me. Then I can finally get it plated/registered. They told him 4-6 weeks for that, so...more waiting.

Comment

Working...
                                X