X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new 1988 T/A

As our forum owner has encouraged us to post more, I thought I'd share some information on my T/A. I've documented the few things that I have done with it over at TGO. That link is below.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/memb...ew-1988-t.html

This weeks "improvements" including replacing my rotten 29+ year old exhaust system. I posted some details on that here at MIFB. Link below.

Got into work a few hours early today, so I can leave early and clean, clean, clean to get ready for the Meet & Greet tomorrow. Aside from small local cruise nights, Woodward Ducati, and the Dream Cruise itself, this will be about the closest I've come to entering a car "show".
    Last edited by DynoDave; June 9th, 2017, 12:55 PM.
    DynoDave
    POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Ain't it fun working under a deadline. See ya tomorrow.
    When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Yeah, just racing from one thing to another on the to-do list. Driving me crazy.

Just helped cement my image as the car guy idiot of the neighborhood. Pulled the car out to hose down the wheels (brake dust) and nose (bugs), and a thunderstorm comes barreling through. So off with the t-shirt and shoes, and finish up in the pouring rain. Was going to use a dustless wash / detailer for the car, but since it's soaked, gave it a bath. Drying in the garage now, and will be out there late going over it inside and out.
      Last edited by DynoDave; June 23rd, 2017, 05:45 PM.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

Comment

Made it up to the Golling Buick / GMC Lake Orion USMA Charity Cruise (FUNDRAISER FOR ORION VETERANS MEMORIAL AND LOCAL VETERANS). Lots of support from our Pontiac Oakland Club International (POCI) Chapter #16 Michigan Widetrackers.

20170622_184442_zpsqj79kfqf.jpg

20170622_185504_zpswugaau0c.jpg20170622_185608_zpsfnlhrgny.jpg20170622_185743_zpsx1hcmlrm.jpg20170622_190145_zpskkncqrk0.jpg20170622_190301_zpsbjdezdfo.jpg20170622_190215_zps8py0nsjj.jpg20170622_190340_zpsurn6h3xv.jpg20170622_190350_zpsiebgle0u.jpg20170622_185926_zpstnzflfo2.jpg20170622_185706_zps9mqtq6ry.jpg
        DynoDave
        POCI # 72200

Comment

Probably one of my worser grammatical and financial decisions since buying the car....placed an order on Saturday.

DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

Comment

what do you mean, now everybody knows where to borrow a nice, new aluminum trailer, LOL
            When in doubt, Whip it out !

Comment

Well, they will have to talk to the bank first, as they are the majority owner at this point, Don.

Two orders from US Cargo Control have arrived. E-track was already at the trailer factory when I placed my order. That was some fast shipping. My straps arrived at the house Monday.

http://www.uscargocontrol.com/

As I will only have a 1/2 day to get the trailer ready for the trip to the nationals, I'm trying to pre-buy everything, and be ready for an installation blitz. Yesterday was a trip to Harbor Freight for a 5000 pound winch. List $244.99, on sale for $179.99. I had a sale flier which had this for $169.99, but I was able to use the 20% coupon, and got it for $146 or so. No complaints about that. As with any trip there, I couldn't make it out without picking up a few more items...nitrile gloves (coupon), a d-ring shackle (coupon), and a spring loaded center punch for drilling those holes in my brand new trailer and tool box! (coupon). My brother and I already have a bet going on how long I will stand there with the drill in my hand before I start making those holes.

https://www.harborfreight.com/5000-l...ake-68144.html
              DynoDave
              POCI # 72200

Comment

Van got hit by a flying section of semi tire tread on the highway the other day. Broken grill and pass. turn signal, dented hood and fender, black tire scuff across hood, fender and door. I have bulbs replaced so I'm legal again. Turn signal housing and lens come in tomorrow. She's also at the shop getting a new platform hitch (old one was only good for 4k pounds when not used as a weight distributing hitch...Thanks to LOTA for pointing that out to me! They will also be installing the brake controller.

Trailer is being built as we speak. Center them a center-to-center dimension for the e-track, and locations for the D-rings. Pick it up Thursday morning. Thursday afternoon I thrash away at installing the winch and battery/box.

Never a dull moment.

Took the T/A out for the Woodward Dream Cruise this afternoon. About 5 hours of idling from Pontiac to Ferndale, and about half way back before they started shutting things down for the night. At least I know it won’t overheat in traffic.

Chevrolet display, Oldies 104.3 stage with band playing, and a Pizza Planet delivery truck.

Nice read ’57.

Love the Z28 graphics and sidepipes.

A prancing horse or two running about.

Lots of law enforcement to keep things under control. For an event with an estimated million people at it, there are very few problems.

DynoDave
                POCI # 72200

Comment

Along with Chevy and 104.3, lots of sponsors, vendors, etc. Unfortunately, we got here too late for free samples!

Even saw a few nice old Dodge vans!

An appearance by Manny, Moe and Jack.

Another great looking ’57. And this one sounded pretty healthy.

Holy cow! Look how dirty the back of my hood hinge is! Got to get more cleaning done.

DynoDave
                  POCI # 72200

Comment

Yes, I’m a sucker for woodgrained wagons. Had one until just a few years ago.

Over the passengers head, backwards, and out the t-top. Had to get pretty acrobatic with some of these, and had no idea if they’d come out decent.

DynoDave
                    POCI # 72200

Comment

There’s the nose of a nice teal Camaro sticking out down there. There were quite a few nice 3rd gens out.

DynoDave
                      POCI # 72200

Comment

Napa job anyone? Or a visit with the TV 4 crew?

An annual stop to get my official Woodward Dream Cruise shirt. A grey Hawaiian shirt this year. More local TV coverage.

DynoDave
                        POCI # 72200

Comment

A few more...

DynoDave
                          POCI # 72200

Comment

Very nice ’92 Firebird. Nice young guys driving it, just out having a good time. Talked to them some here on the road, and saw them again later on the way home.

Pennzoil anyone?

Cool old Dodge Power Wagon at Ferndale Radiator.

Yep, they rent billboards for the event too. Ford has a BIG presence in Ferndale during the Dream Cruise.

DynoDave
                            POCI # 72200

Comment

These two guys drove this ElCamino from Pennsylvania to enjoy the cruise. It’s a on a lot of folks bucket lists, including my brothers.

Sort of a local “cruising Woodward” tradition…a lot of folks like to run WOT through this underpass…or today, slip it into neutral and rev the engine...makes a GREAT echo chamber.

Asked this fellow how his clutch leg was holding up. He said he was definitely feeling the burn!

These folks were in from New Hampshire.

Cars as far back as the eye can see…

DynoDave
                              POCI # 72200

Comment

Working...
                              X