X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

well since we don't have an ingition forum to ask this in, this is the only place to put it i guess,

ok so just finished hooking everything up and tried to strt the car but i can;t get power to the coil. ive hooked the test light too it and can;t get anything out of it, everything is hooked up but i can;t figure out why it won;t fire..... anyone have an idea

battery in car and hooked up? just throwing it out there, never know
    ------------------------------------------
    2004 GMC Envoy - Tuned, Airraid Intake, rest stock
    2005 Malibu - Stock, anyone have a ecotec factory gm supercharger for me? lol

5th gen Camaro V6 Forums
    http://www.bowtiev6.com

Comment

yeah its hooked up, car turns over great just no power to the coil

Comment

where are you grabbing the power from for the box?
        sigpic
        Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

right off the battery

Comment

don't you have an ignition hook up for the box?...check to see if it has power while cranking the car....some ignition sources cut off while cranking.
            sigpic
            Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

u mean like one that came on the car when i got it, or???????

Comment

...12 volts is 12 volts...just make sure it has it while you are cranking the car.
                sigpic
                Turbo Charged LS1/T56

Comment

yeah im gonna throw a volt metere on it in a bit

Comment

did you check the IGN fuse, i had that happen before, car would turn over, but would not fire, well good luck
                    sigpic
                    2002 Camaro v6: Cobalt metalic blue
                    "Blue Devil"
                    Alpine cda-9851, 2- RE 6.5" component sets, 1 RE sx15" subwoofer, 1 Alpine MRV 1005d amplifier, Knuconcpets rca's, Memphis audio wiring, and 100 sq ft of FAT MAT extreme... got for 147 db at the windshield before fat mat new numbers soon to come.

Comment

check the grounds, wiring to the coil
                      sigpic
                      "Blue Devil"
                      Alpine cda-9851, 2- RE 6.5" component sets, 1 RE sx15" subwoofer, 1 Alpine MRV 1005d amplifier, Knuconcpets rca's, Memphis audio wiring, and 100 sq ft of FAT MAT extreme... got for 147 db at the windshield before fat mat new numbers soon to come.

Comment

ill have to check that fuse but i know all the rest of the grouns are good cuz they either go to the battery or to a previous ground

Comment

Another thing is, i don't know if your engine has one or not, but i know a crank sensor will do something like that too. Well like i said man good luck. hope you find it.
                          sigpic
                          "Blue Devil"

Comment

fuse is good i just checked it however i don;t have a crank sensor or anything since its just a carbed motor and has no knock sensors or anything

Comment

So what'd the continuity test tell ya? You should be reading around 8.5k Ohms between the output and the four inputs. Also, are you sure the optispark is sending the signal to the PCM to fire the coil?
                              1995 Trans Am Firebird. LT1 with 6 Speed manual. cc503 Cam. Pacesetter long tubes with true dual exhaust. LPE CAI. K&N. 4.10 Gears. ZR1 Replica Rims. Comp Cams 1.6 Roller Rockers. Double roller timing chain. BMR Sub Frame connectors. LT4 Knock Mod. Madz28 tune. Pro 5.0 shifter. LS1 Driveshaft. MSD Coil. Sequential Taillights. Custom Interior. Lead foot.
                              CarDomain
                              Time Slip: 1/4 -- 12.49 @ 116 MPH

Comment

Working...
                              X