Collapse
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car has no spark. I'm being told low voltage signal from ECM to ICM. I'm betting Opti again, but will need to tow it to another shop. This shop, although claiming to be able to diag the LT1 ignition system, does not have an OBD1 scanner or oscilloscope. I'm towing it back home until I find the right place. Hopefully Brian has an opening soon.
    1994 Pontiac Trans Am
    MSD Pro-Billet LT-1 distributor
    Pacesetter long tube headers with ORY and
    " polished stainless Magnaflow catback

Comment

I know nothing about them, or their abilities really...but we just had this forum's Dyno Day at Jake's Automotive. Shop was full of great looking older cars they were working on. You might speak with them about it.
      DynoDave
      POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Thanks a lot. I've struggled with going there based on the reviews I have seen elsewhere. I have seen some pretty poor reviews. Does anyone have experience with them? They are in Sterling Heights, which is about the same distance for me to get to when compared to MasterWorks. I have been working with the current shop to straighten things out. I am hopeful. I am working on a long-term plan having a young family now. My buddy at the office has a guy in Washington Township who has done some good work for him. We'll see what happens there. Thanks again.
        1994 Pontiac Trans Am

Comment

Got it...I can understand your hesitation then. Hopefully the current shop can get it handled then.
          DynoDave
          POCI # 72200

1988 Pontiac Trans Am WS6

Comment

Well, as expected, it turned out to be the Opti again. MSD Pro Billet from several years back gave out. Looks like the cam seal failed, which allowed oil into it. After much hassle, the shop got a new one on. I decided to take a chance on the Petris Enterprises spline Opti for the '94. It's back on the road and I've driven it a few tens of miles since picking it up at the end of last week. Fingers crossed for another few years. I may do a coil mod next, or replace the damn thing entirely. $$$$$$$

I never did hear back from Masterworks/Brian.
            Last edited by raekwonchef; November 3rd, 2019, 02:51 PM.
            1994 Pontiac Trans Am

Comment

The opti strikes again!
              Gone but not forgotten: 1986 Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z

"You shall ride eternal. Shiny and chrome."

Comment

Working...
              X