X
X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didyou have a release agent on the foam or does the glass just not adhere to it? Also are you cutting away the "skin" of the stock hood and using the "frame" or will you make a glass clone of the hood framing and then glass to two together and go from there?

--Double post auto merged--

Also how many layers of mat and resin were used?
    Last edited by bumpin_z; November 16th, 2009, 12:47 AM. Reason: Auto merged double post
    Here's a sig with my old ride: (Everyone else has a cool sig I had to do something!)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bumpin_z View Post
      Didyou have a release agent on the foam or does the glass just not adhere to it? Also are you cutting away the "skin" of the stock hood and using the "frame" or will you make a glass clone of the hood framing and then glass to two together and go from there?

--Double post auto merged--

Also how many layers of mat and resin were used?

The foam stayed with the hood when the "plug" was pulled from the mold. we sprayed realease compound on the inside of the mold before we started the layup process for the actual hood.
      When we layed up the actual hood, we used more of the closed cell foam on the underside and built our own supports or"frame" for support. The whole hood is fiberglass, and a few peices of foam and weighs 19 pounds.
      As for your next question, I am not sure if you mean the mold or the finished hood so I will answer both.
      The mold has about 12 gallons of resin in it, and a lot of fiberglass mat and balsa coreing and plywood and the such.
      The actual hood has three layups of cloth and resin.

Comment

how much would you charge to fix my hood?
        just a bolt-on Lt1

Comment

I would have to see it and what you want done.....

Comment

Working...
          X