X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lifter removal

i need help removing lifter on my trucks 350. they are hydraulic flat tappet lifters and they are literally stuck in the block, i can pull them up with a screwdriver byt the retainers till they are flush with the bore but after that i can only pull them halfway up with a pair of vicegrips. ive tried oiling them, tried to pull them out stuff it back in and so on so forth but to no avail. ive only gotten one out sucessfully and ive never had this much trouble with them. usually they just fall out, these no so much. if anyone has any ideas i should try, or is in my general area and wants to come take a wack at it then id appreciate any help given.
    91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
    85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
    00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
    97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

pics ?
    '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
    ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wm...FY9DMgod9wQAww

slide hammer for pilot bearings will usually work

Comment

Originally posted by 1BADAIR View Post
        http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wm...FY9DMgod9wQAww

slide hammer for pilot bearings will usually work
        how would that grab onto the lifter?
        91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked

Comment

i personally never seen a lift the wouldnt slide out...what would be the cause of something like this to happen ?
          '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
          ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

If you need one. I have a complete blind hole puller.

Ranging in sizes.

Put them into the pushrod cup.
            Originally posted by Yoshi94
            Mines about an inch bigger than Kyles. I need to get one of those
            Originally posted by ryanwarby01
            Put it this way, if you have a money tree a LT1 is a wood chipper!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Slaughter View Post
              If you need one. I have a complete blind hole puller.

Ranging in sizes.

Put them into the pushrod cup.
              hmmm whereabouts in clinton township are you? i remember joel saying you werent far awhile back maybe thatd be something useful if youd show me how to use it.

Comment

15 mile and Groesbeck/Gratiot.
                sigpic

Comment

oh im right behind the police station north of 16 on groesbeck, your not far at all.

Comment

I've never used it to pull lifters but thats all I can assume is to put it in the lifter cup and pull them.
                    sigpic

Comment

what time do you get off work? if i can borrow it i can probably stop by once my mom gets home since ill have to use her car, unless your up to dropping it off if im not too out of the way.

Comment

I am home around 4:30.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X