X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85z28 BBC swap

well decided i should start a thread on my swap. its going to be put in hopefully today but we'll see.

pics of the headers they are ed quay 2 1/4" primaries with 3.5" collectors.... should be a fun fit!!

big block swap 001.JPG
    some pics of the enigne bay after the motor was pulled... excuse the HUGE mess blowing both radiator hoses destroyed the engine bay...

big block swap 003.JPG
    gunna clean up some of the engine bay and redo my brake lines since i went to a manual setup... cobbeled it together to drive it up north.

big block swap 005.JPG

the dirty little motor to she didnt like getting overheated. the intake got dirty as hell.... gunna run distilled water in the new motor so it doesnt build rust.

big block swap 004.JPG

excuse the shitty pics iphones take horrible pics.
    Last edited by 85z28kid; December 27th, 2011, 12:01 PM.

sweet, cant wait to see it go in, blows my mine that the weight of the whole engine is hung by the intake threads with 4 small bolts.
    '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

" When in doubt...throttle out ! "
    ENVYsion Entertainment Group

Comment

yea it aint to bad thats just the small block i just pulled it out... i dont dont pick up iron headed bigblocks with a plate i use chains... so much safer cuz big blocks are a lot heavier than small blocks.

ill see if my step mom will let me us the good camera to take pics..

Comment

i know whats going in it hehe. bout time you made this thread
        91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked
        85 Z28 406/th400?/3.42 4th gen disc rear/4th gen dash
        00 Tahoe Z71........Stock
        97 K1500 lt4 cam, 1.6s, MPFI, Solid axled, IROKs,------winter beater

Comment

Yea hopes and dreams lol. I'm trying to get it in but haven't got to far.... Tv in the barn is VERY distracting lol

Comment

Originally posted by 85z28kid View Post
            yea it aint to bad thats just the small block i just pulled it out... i dont dont pick up iron headed bigblocks with a plate i use chains... so much safer cuz big blocks are a lot heavier than small blocks.

ill see if my step mom will let me us the good camera to take pics..
            OH I thought that was the BB going in, not realizing that pic is from what you took out of the car.
            '91 Camaro Modded, LSx, House of Kolor Intense White, lowered, GS chrome 18" wheels, 14" Brembo CTS-V on all 4 corners, LS rear end, FP suspension components

Comment

Yea that's just the little baby motor. The big block is a lot bigger than that unfortunately.

Still haven't got anything done. Still watching tv. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by 85z28kid View Post
                Yea that's just the little baby motor. The big block is a lot bigger than that unfortunately.

Still haven't got anything done. Still watching tv. Lol
                lazy !

Comment

I know it sucks. Lol.

It's nice having it in the barn but it's hard to get work done lol

I'll hopefully get it in but I think I'm Gunna redo my brake lines tonight then do motor tomorrow.

Comment

i can come over break the tv then youll be motivated
                    91 Trans am, 305, Lt1 cam, 24lb injectors, headers, SLP LM2, SW chassis, massive panhard, lowered, modded TPI, Tuned, 4.10s, Lincoln locked

Comment

Haha lol... Movies over now I'm Gunna go pull brakes lines off one of our old racecars and get started...
                      I'm getting rid of the portioning valve to clean things up and everyone says I don't need one with manual brakes.

Comment

u may want to test that theory, could end up being messy.

Comment

All the big shots on thirdgen run no valve. They run the front brake setup to line lock then t at the line lock to each front corner....

Then run the rear through a bias valve but everyone says they run it open and not even restricting it

Comment

you gonna do line lock as well?

Comment

Want to really bad but don't have one at the moment so not right now...

It's Gunna be a racecar soon so it WILL have it hopefully soon aswell but we'll see.

Just relocated my bypass regulator on the fire wall.., so much cleaner instead of on the inner fender like everyone else.

Comment

Working...
                              X