X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with SLP part number

I found a Ultra Z hood for my 95 z28. My concern... is it a SLP hood, the guy is 90% sure it is.
    He just e-mailed me with the part number he got off the bottom side and so i'm hoping someone can tell me yes or no.
    part #U7Z-0067

Call SLP?
    1997 Trans Am
    T56 swap. LS1 Cosmetics

Comment

does the hood say "SMC" and "Made in Canada" anywere on the underside?

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
      1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
      1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

I e mailed SLP but haven't heard back. I'll call them this week. And i did ask the seller of the hood to look for the Canada stamp but he came back with a part number... told me the Ultra Z hood were not made in Canada.

Comment

I missed the Ultra Z part. Never like those hoods much, maybe that's why? Don't know anything about those so let us know what you find out!

1998 Camaro Z28 - Bright Red, 6.0 TR224, 4l60e, 3.42 Eaton TrueTrac
          1989 Camaro IROC-Z Convertible - 355 big tube TPI, WC T5, 3.42 Zexel Torsen, CTS-V/C4 brakes
          1955 Bel Air 2 Door Post - 357 TPI, Muncie M20, 4 wheel disc

2006 Saab 9-7x 5.3i Daily Driver

Comment

2012-08-06 09.09.19.jpg

Comment

Someone called from SLP last week and said to look at the quality of the hood, especially the bottom side of the hood. he said that it should be the same quality in gel coat thickness as the top. He said keep in mind that the ultra Z hood was made for the SS Camaro but GM never liked the look of the hood so they sold it as an after market hood, the quality is second to none. They also stamped a product code for warranty purposes

Comment

Joseph was the engineering manager for SLP Lachine, Quebec
                When GM and SLP stopped production in Quebec he founded Acs, basically continuing were SLP left off. He now works on 5th gen Camaros and supplies Lingerfelter, Callaway... His company has a web site not sure if I can post it.
                Anyway long story short he had this hood hanging in his office for many years. Now I'll have it hanging in the man cave. uploadfromtaptalk1355243704318.jpguploadfromtaptalk1355243723846.jpguploadfromtaptalk1355243740085.jpg
                Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thats very cool Dave!

Comment

Working...
                  X