X
Collapse
Who has read this thread:

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing Oil

EAA Engineering stocks Amsoil full synthetic racing oil in the following grades & costs, for local pickup. Avoid shipping fees! We also deliver locally. Preferred customer program also available- get product at dealer pricing for $20/yr.

High performance oil filters are also available.

5W-20 & 10W-30 $11.18 / qt. $131.63 / case of 12
    15W-50 $11.74 / qt. $138.45 / case of 12
    SAE 60 $11.68 / qt. $137.55 / case of 12

Bump

Comment

Pick up some 10W60 TWS and you would have a new customer.
      1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

Get me a price on a case of 10W40 Motorcycle oil. I already have a guy but he can be hard to get ahold of.

Comment

Originally posted by c0ncEpT View Post
          Get me a price on a case of 10W40 Motorcycle oil. I already have a guy but he can be hard to get ahold of.
          PM'd

Originally posted by landstuhltaylor View Post
          Pick up some 10W60 TWS and you would have a new customer.
          Not sure we can get Castrol, but we'll try. We also supply Royal Purple, Redline, Eneos & Joe Gibbs lines if those are of interest to anyone.
          Last edited by DMoser; July 18th, 2013, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Damn.. never realized how expensive amsoil was

Comment

Originally posted by kammi10 View Post
              Damn.. never realized how expensive amsoil was
              Keep in mind these are racing formulations. The street oils aren't quite as expensive.

The important thing to keep in mind is that Amsoil street oils are rated for high mileage intervals, so actually you'll end up saving a bit of money with fewer changes required. Amsoil Signature Series (ie. what you might run in a daily) is rated for 15k mile change intervals for a severe driving schedule. Higher in the case of a car which does mostly highway miles w/o temp extremes.

I run Signature series in our 4.7L Commander under a severe driving schedule - winter driving, lots of short trips, idling, some towing. A recent oil analysis showed the oil still had some protective 'capacity' (Base Number) to it at a 10k mile point. So the 15k is about right.

Comment

Originally posted by EAA Engineering View Post
                Keep in mind these are racing formulations. The street oils aren't quite as expensive.

The important thing to keep in mind is that Amsoil street oils are rated for high mileage intervals, so actually you'll end up saving a bit of money with fewer changes required. Amsoil Signature Series (ie. what you might run in a daily) is rated for 15k mile change intervals for a severe driving schedule. Higher in the case of a car which does mostly highway miles w/o temp extremes.

I run Signature series in our 4.7L Commander under a severe driving schedule - winter driving, lots of short trips, idling, some towing. A recent oil analysis showed the oil still had some protective 'capacity' (Base Number) to it at a 10k mile point. So the 15k is about right.
                Do they make a filter that will go 15K between oil changes? I cant think of a filter on the market I would want to use for 15K in a vehicle I plan to keep.

Comment

Case (12 quarts) of Royal Purple HPS 10W-40 $95 (Comparison $101.91 on Amazon)

Just let us know what y'all need and we can save folks a little $ in most cases!

Comment

Do they make a filter that will go 15K between oil changes? I cant think of a filter on the market I would want to use for 15K in a vehicle I plan to keep.
                    Yes, from the website:

Ea Filters designated with product code Ea15K are recommended for 15,000 miles/one year, whichever comes first, in normal or severe service.
                    • Ea Filters designated with product code EaO are recommended for 25,000 miles/one year, whichever comes first, in normal service or 15,000 miles/one year, whichever comes first, in severe service.

Superior Construction
                    AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters are made with premium-grade full-synthetic media. The strictly controlled processing of this media ensures accurate filter construction and is what allows Ea Oil Filters to deliver higher capacity and efficiency along with better durability.

Over the service life of a conventional cellulose filter, hot oil will degrade the resins that bind the media. Ea Oil Filters' full-synthetic media technology is resin-free. It uses a wire screen backing that is pleated with the media for superior strength.
                    Ea Oil Filters are constructed with HNBR gaskets that are fully tested to extreme distances in numerous severe environments. The filters also feature fully tucked seams, a molded element seal, roll-formed threads and a long-lasting, premium-grade silicone anti-drain valve. Ea Oil Filters (except EAO80 and EAO99) feature fluted cans for improved grip.

Comment

Everyone has a comfort zone. The rated mileage levels for Amsoil products are outside of it for most folks. I stick to 10k, but could do the 15k in actuality. Commander has 130k on it and consumes only 1/2 quart over the course of the 10k miles. Switched to Amsoil around 100k, and used Mobil 1 before that @ 5k intervals.

With all that said, given the nature of the cars on this forum, the racing formulations changed out at like a 5k interval (or 1x/year if a summer car) are likely more appropriate in most cases.
                      Last edited by DMoser; July 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EAA Engineering View Post
                        PM'd
                        Not sure we can get Castrol, but we'll try. We also supply Royal Purple, Redline, Eneos & Joe Gibbs lines if those are of interest to anyone.
                        I was half joking as I doubt you could get it cheap. Only cars they are used in is the 2000+ M3 and M5. I just get tired of buying $100 worth of oil.

Sent from my mullet
                        1994 Z28 - 2002 M3 - 2015 1.0T Mileage Accumulator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by landstuhltaylor View Post
                          I was half joking as I doubt you could get it cheap.
                          Sent from my mullet
                          Sounds like a challenge!

Comment

Working...
                          X